This position is responsible for human resources organizational capability for the ministry, including the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter. This will involves partnering with managers and employees to align human resource services with the ministry objectives. Acts as change agent, leads the talent management activities, anticipates and assesses human resources related needs and seeks to implement integrated solutions. Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees.
The Human Resources Generalist will also assist with the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. It will also carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental processes, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, recruiting, and other related activities. The career progression for this position includes HR Business Partner, HR Business Partner Lead, and/or Human Resource Manager. This position requires a sharp person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization.
This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all ministry personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; assists with maintaining employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Maintains and updates employee records and reports to document personnel actions, status changes and payroll actions, including organization charts and demographic changes.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assists with administering compensation program and partner with managers on job descriptions; monitors performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Assists with recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees by partnering with managers and understanding staffing needs and requirements for positions they are trying to fill.
- Supports the continuous development of employees and managers by partnering with the Learning and Development Department to create and implement training programs that support growth.
- Partners with HRIS to assist with new system rollouts while also being a liaison for managers in the rollout process.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meeting.
- Maintains company organization charts, phone lists and employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and compiles reports from database.
- Ensures adherence to local, state and federal labor employment-related laws and regulations, including the management of unemployment claims and ADA.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.