The Multifamily Asset Manager will be responsible for the financial analysis and management of multifamily real estate assets throughout the country.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and analyze monthly property financials, monthly property cash flow, as well as key property metrics
- Communicate current property operations and current budget variances with senior management and investor relations team
- Manage and optimize property management companies in each submarket
- Perform and document on-site property visits (monthly/quarterly/annual). Report inspection results and recommendations to senior management
- Manage leasing, construction, and common area improvement projects
- Monitor and report on construction budgets and timing
- Model and communicate future property cash requirements and future monthly cashflow projections
- Coordination of due diligence for newly acquired assets
- Review and analyze third party reports
- Manage direct disposition of assets though sales process
- Create and/or utilize financial models to analyze investment and disposition opportunities
- Develop and distribute asset management reports
- Research, analyze and summarize pertinent market data
- Review proposed budgets provided by sponsors and property managers and compare to original pro forma
- Maintain regular communications with partners to ensure operations are in accordance with the underwritten business plan
- Monitor and administer loan covenants including reserve/loan draws, monitor lender covenants, and provide lenders financial information as required
- Manage real estate tax appeal processes where necessary
- Propose property distributions
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience in asset management, financial analyst, underwriting or fund-level management involving commercial real estate.
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. A detailed oriented self-starter.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take direction from multiple senior managers
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn quickly, achieve results, and excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work on a team, as well as independently, while driving multiple priorities and applying good judgement along with strong sense of self-motivation and direction
- Smart, energetic, team player with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Willingness to travel as required (approximately 20% of the time)
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics/Finance/Accounting or Real Estate
- Yardi experience and advanced Excel functions a plus
- Argus experience and knowledge a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Physical Requirements: Ability to operate office machinery; including but not limited to: telephone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, printer, and mobile phone.
Working Conditions: Open office workstation environment, moderate to quiet noise levels.