This position plans, directs and coordinates regional sales activities of the organization’s products and/or services within a defined region in North America. This position works closely with other senior staff members on corporate matters including planning, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develops and executes sales plans within defined region in North America and programs, both short and long range, to ensure profitable growth, market share position and expansion of company products and/or services.
· Prepares and reviews market analyses and sales reports to determine customer needs, volume potential, pricing schedules and develops sales campaigns to achieve company sales goals.
· Coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas and goals working with all channels of distribution.
· Develops and recommends pricing strategy consistent with market conditions and profit targets.
· Directs field sales staff in defined region. Consolidate field activity and provide regular feedback and forecasts.
· Analyzes and controls sales expenditures consistent with the annual business plan.
· Attends corporate staff meetings and annual corporate planning meetings. Primarily responsible for reporting to senior staff members on sales activities. Member of company’s Product Development committee.
· Ability to interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or eight to ten years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Must be able and willing to travel throughout North America between 50%-70% (including some weekends).
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Regional Leadership Coverage:
· Region 1 to include the following states (and others assigned at any time): Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi