The Teacher Assistant shall be committed to living a biblical lifestyle and called by God to serve at Vacaville Christian Schools. The primary responsibility of the Teacher Assistant position is to offer superior support and professionalism to the classroom teacher and students to ensure overall learning is structured, positive, individualized and effective in a Christ-centered environment. VCS exists to provide, in partnership with home and church, a distinctive, Christ-centered education in a nurturing environment, which equips young people to excel in life and in service to Jesus Christ.
• Integrate Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy throughout daily interactions with students, faculty and parents. Comply with the Statement of Faith, the Christian Role Model Expectations, and the VCS Employee Handbook and be committed to upholding them.
• Follow school procedures and policies that are set by the Employer.
• Demonstrate and commit to excellent communication with students, parents and faculty to maintain the VCS standard of excellence in all areas of performance.
• Proficiency in technology resources and application, knowledge of the operations of all school machines such as copier, laminating, etc. that are necessary for the completion of the job.
• Must be able to deal with the confidential information in a professional manner.
• Assist students to and from carpool, and assist in safe and orderly evacuation during all emergency drills such as fire drills, earthquake drills and lockdown.
• Supervise children during indoor and outdoor activities, lunchtime and recess. • Complete proper forms per VCS policy, i.e. tallies/demerits, illness report, ouch report, administrative referrals, etc.
• Keep all instructional and playground areas organized and neat.
• Participate in orientations, scheduled in-services, and all departmental meetings.
• Physically able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 25 lbs.
• Demonstrate a strong passion to uphold the Vision, Mission, Statement of Faith, and Core Values of Vacaville Christian Schools.
• Affirms that, as part of the qualifications for this position, he/she is a follower of Jesus who knows the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.
• Ability to follow the Matthew 18 Principle in dealing with leadership, faculty, administration, and parents.
• Attendance in a Bible-based church.
• Ability to move about the school building(s) and campus. Employment-related reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities will be provided where the accommodation does not pose an undue hardship (reference the Employee Handbook).
• Represent the school in a favorable and professional manner to the school’s constituency and the general public.
• Create a strong work environment by developing and maintaining rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating everyone with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.