We are seeking a self-directed and highly detail oriented individual to join our team as a Help Desk Technician. This role will support our client database at our Lewes, DE office location.
All help desk personnel need excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment. In addition, technicians should have a strong technical understanding of technology, including the various hardware, software and networking systems being support.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of desktop computers, applications and related technologies.
- Responsible for end user support for all computer and communications systems, networking and server-side maintenance.
- Applicant must provide professional, prompt and courteous end user assistance for all computing devices and applications.
- Troubleshoot and replace hardware, hard drives, memory, and other networking peripherals. Install operating systems, reload, desktops and notebooks.
- Work with help-desk ticket system to track and resolve issues.
- The qualified applicant must have the ability to handle a large number of calls and tickets and the ability to work with users of all levels.
- An eager and helpful attitude is a must. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
- Tier I - Taking initial telephone or email inquiries and troubleshooting and managing relatively simple hardware, software or network problems.
- Tier II - Resolving more complex issues requiring detailed systems and application knowledge; these issues have been escalated from Tier I; Deciding whether to generate a trouble or work order ticket for issues that will require a visit to the user’s PC or workstation
- Tier III - Researching and resolving the most difficult and complex problems that other help desk levels have been unable to resolve; Analyzing and identifying trends in issue reporting and devising preventive solution; Mentoring other help desk personnel on hardware and software problem analysis and resolution
- 401K with employer match
- Profit sharing plan
- Competitive wages
- Health Care Coverage
- Paid time off
- Employer sponsored events
- Tier I - An entry-level position, normally requires less than (2) years of work experience and may require an associate’s degree or completion of coursework at a technical
- Tier II - Require (2) to (4) years of work experience and may require a bachelor’s degree or a two- year degree and additional, equivalent work experience in a help desk setting.
- Tier III- Require four or more years of help desk experience, may require a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or professional certification.
The employee is required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Able to provide proof of US Person Status
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check
Lewes, DE, United States
No relocation assistance provided