We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector to join our Team!
The Quality Inspector ensures that all parts and materials brought into the system are within quality standards and guidelines that are maintained throughout the entire receiving process. The tasks required for this role involve the inspection of parts, assemblies, and materials for conformance to specifications, check of the quantity and part number of items received to ensure completeness and accuracy of order, and the verification of the Certification paperwork for compliance.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts a variety of complex examinations and quality control inspections on products, materials, components, final assemblies and parts at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with established quality and reliability standards.
- Verify that received products meet the requirements of process standards and specifications and are free of defects, poor workmanship, and document discrepancies.
- Inspects incoming material for conformance to purchase order requirements, engineering orders, and in accordance with S&G Quality Manual
- Documents anomalies and non-conformances
- Plans and carries out work assignments solving conflicts that may arise; coordinates work with other areas, as necessary
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within the QC department, the strategic business units, and strategic support units in the company. Interacts appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Uses inspection, measuring, and test equipment. (Example: Calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc.)
- Performs a full range of varied inspection tasks including visual and touch point inspection
- Performs a full range of production related task as well as administrative duties related to quality
- Reads and follows written and verbal work instructions
- Identifies problems and reports them to the appropriate personnel
- Analyzes Returned goods, and establishes inspection criteria based on the defects reported
- Preparing daily, weekly, and monthly quality reports utilizing Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Etc.)
- Provides training for operators and staff on interim and permanent corrective actions put in place.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in the field of Quality Control or Quality Assurance
- Familiarity with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software (Oracle, or SAP)
- Familiarity with training programs
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Strong Computer Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, etc.)
- Must be able to meet departmental expectations to effectively drive results
- Great people and communication skills
- Open to operate in a collaborative environment
- Must possess integrity, honesty and strong work ethic
- Proven ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Poised, self-confident, tenacious and flexible
- Experience with NetSuite is highly preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
S&G Family of Brands is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status.