Destination Cleveland is in the business of driving economic impact and stimulating community vitality for Cleveland through memorable leisure and business travel experiences. Our team is made up of passionate Clevelanders who want to help the community by marketing it as a destination. We have an unceasing love for Cleveland, and we never stop talking about it. We know Cleveland inside and out. We always believe this is our year...and so is next year and the year after. We engage with our community (a lot). And we defend The Land to the core. But we’re not just talking the talk. We’re rolling up our sleeves and getting the job done. We’re a hub of hard-working, dedicated, innovative professionals. And that's who we like to hire.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Director – Insights & Analytics will partner with the Marketing, Sales, Services, Destination Development and Customer Experience departments to provide market insights, analysis, and recommendations that drive Cleveland toward improving its narrative. This individual will be responsible for building and executing strategic research plans as a member of the Marketing & Communications team. The Director – Insights & Analytics serves as a trusted advisor to senior leadership and a multi-disciplinary marketing team, helping to find the stories told through data and delivering insights that propel business momentum. The Director will design a new direct report role and manage and develop that individual upon hiring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with all divisions in the organization to understand research needs and make recommendations\
- Manages and balances complex community projects that integrate internal research requirements and stakeholder interests in insights, data and reports
- Proactively identifies knowledge gaps in context of current business needs, recommending and aligning management to close these knowledge gaps
- Partners with the digital and the IT team leads to oversee and extract insights from big data trends
- Prepares and presents research reports of insights and trends to both internal and external audiences.
- Translates business issues into specific research questions with clear business impact
- Identifies learning plan, research design and/or secondary data analysis that is appropriate to address business issue, interpret research findings and synthesize into actionable business insights and recommendations
- Executes research projects from planning through analysis, report creation and presentation
- Possesses knowledge of various primary research methods, both qualitative and quantitative; able to recommend appropriate methodology to garner relevant, actionable, timely and cost-efficient insights
- Ensures organization strategic thinkers have access to and understand all research and insights by preparing and delivering regular updates on key metrics and relevant insights to various audiences, including senior level executives
- Collaborates with external research vendors and syndicated study providers to ensure work is being conducted efficiently and within budgets
- Assesses vendor research designs to ensure core business questions are answered and value is maximized
- Regularly measures the reach and influence of the Destination Cleveland brand and related campaigns to assess the effectiveness of marketing efforts and inform adjustments (e.g., targeting, segmentation, messaging, etc.)
- Demonstrates agility in managing multiple priorities, personalities and projects in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Designs new direct report role; hires, manages and develops that person on an ongoing basis
- Performs other duties as assigned by Chief Marketing Officer
- Finalists will be asked to provide contact information for at least three professional references
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Education
- 7+ years of experience in market research, market or consumer insights, and analysis
- A proven track record of converting data into actionable insights that drive marketing strategy
- Client-side experience in a market insights/analytics function is a plus as is experience working for a marketing research agency, brand strategy consultancy, advertising agency
- Excellent executive stakeholder management and communications skills
- Qualitative & quantitative research from ideation to impact
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must be flexible, resourceful and possess a keen ability to find solutions
- Ability to fully grasp all departments at Destination Cleveland and how they can work in tandem to provide convention clients value to their events and attendees
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with the Cleveland region
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including evenings and weekends
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent talking and/or hearing
Standing for events/tradeshows
Occasional travel required
Occasional walking and lifting of up to 25 pounds
Requires close vision/viewing monitors
Office environment; moderate noise. Offsite visits/appointments required.