Mission Statement: It is our mission to improve the quality of life for the diverse communities of South Los Angeles and Southeast Los Angeles County by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment. We aim to lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
The Optometrist will be responsible for providing complete high quality optometric/vision care services to patients. The Optometrist will perform evaluation of the eyes and formulate an appropriate treatment plan per scope of practice as regulated by South Center Family Health Services.
· Provide comprehensive vision examinations
· Provide primary vision evaluations, establishes a rapport with patients and other customers.
· Assess binocular vision, perform a full refraction, and prescribe appropriate correction, and assess ocular health
· Prescribe vision devices, tests patient on all applicable equipment to determine the most suitable for individual condition, and instruct in the proper use
· Confirm that patient diagnosis is properly documented in the internal systems
· Conducts detection and different diagnosis of abnormal visual, ocular and/or systematic conditions
· Provide complete high quality optometric/vision care services to patients
· Provides treatment of the visual system within the scope of optometric licensure, including writing prescriptions for ophthalmic spectacles, lenses, opthalmic and non-optical aids..
· Maintains compliance with all current organizational, state and federal regulations pertaining to Optometry
Education and Knowledge
- Strong diagnostic skills and a passion for delivering a great patient experience
- Comprehensive and post-operative optometrist experience
- Knowledge of current optometric theory and technology
- Strong communicator with problem solving ability and organizational skills
· Minimum 2 years' experience in Optometry
· Nextgen User preferred
Experience with 3rd party payers
Skills and Abilities
· Bilingual Bi-literate Spanish/English preferred
· Good written, oral and customer service skills
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
· Excellent knowledge of optical devices and their applications
· Computer literate, familiar with MS Office/comfortable learning new programs
Bilingual and Bi-literate Spanish/English preferred
Licensure and Certificates:
· Doctor of Optometry Degree (OD) from an Accredited School of Optometry
· State License of will be licensed to practice optometry (New Graduates) in the state in which you will be practicing
National Provider Identifier (NPI)
· Current BLS Certification