Title: Patient Benefits Counselor
Base Salary Range: $46,686 - $49,530 plus benefits
FTE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary hehealthcarelinic that has been committed to providing quality hehealthcareor uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse Community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: The Patient Benefits Counselor is responsible to provide education and enrollment assistance to patients, in obtaining health benefits, as well as, maximizing retention and utilization of managed care lives.
- Enrolls qualified patients into IPA Health Plans
- Assists patients in obtaining health benefits (i.e. Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, Healthy Kids, AIM, Medicare, Private Insurance, etc.)
- Follow-ups on status of enrollment application
- Assists patients in retaining their benefits
- Adheres to State Health plans rules and regulation for enrollments
- Provides Community Outreach
- Maintains working relationships with clients/patients, employees and IPA Health Plans
- Participates in community events such as health fairs and other community events
- Travel 25% from clinic to clinic
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety, infection control & emergency policies and procedures
- Current drivers’ license and auto insurance
- CAA Certified Preferred
- CEC Certified Preferred