Over one hundred years ago, The Forsyth Institute, which is an Affiliate of the Harvard School of Dental Medicine, was founded to provide free dental care to Boston’s poorest children. Today, Forsyth is the only independent research institute in the United States specializing in oral health and its impact on overall wellness, including an on-site clinical practice, clinical trials, ForsythKids school program, and a convener for oral health and biotech experts.
The ForsythKids Program brings preventive dental care to underserved populations in Massachusetts at schools, day care centers, neighborhood facilities, homeless shelters, summer camps, and public events. The team is looking for a full-time Dental Assistant to work in our fast-paced school-based mobile dental program that travels throughout the state (must be willing to commute long distances).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up/break down of portable dental equipment
- Patient record preparation
- Supply preparation
- Clinical charting in an electronic health record software
- Clinical assistance as needed
- Clinical inventory/ordering
- Routine dental equipment testing
- Communication with patients and guardians as needed
- Carrying and lifting of portable dental equipment ~ 50lbs
- Ability to drive program van (no special license required)
- Schedule van maintenance as needed
- Other administrative tasks as needed
Minimum requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A high school diploma
- Current Massachusetts Dental Assistant License
- CPR certification
- Massachusetts Driver’s License
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
The ideal candidate works well in a team setting and is detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, and has a positive attitude. The ForsythKids Assistant will participate in all activities of the core ForsythKids team, maintain professional licensure, complete mandatory training and required continuing education, and adhere to the policies and protocols of the Forsyth Institute and the ForsythKids program.
Benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement are available with position.