Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, proprietary Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff helps shield businesses from cyberattacks. Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a top 10 software developer in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture and on-site perks. The company was named to the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies list in 2019 and is among the top 5 in Northeast Ohio for growth.
We are searching for an experienced UI/UX Designer to help us deliver the best user experiences in the cybersecurity industry.
Your responsibilities will start by helping us to better understand the needs of our users and to closely examine how they work. You will decode and incorporate the results of product research into defined user requirements that lead to experiences that users love. You will create and evolve wireframes, mockups and animatics to test hypotheses and convey your experience vision. You will A/B test your ideas and rely on data to inform experience design. And at the end of the day, you have the design and CSS chops to assist Development in bringing the product experiences to life.
To be successful in this role, you will come to the position with deep design convictions, a curiosity to explore new perspectives, and a desire continuously test and refine. You will have expert-level knowledge of design software, wireframing and prototyping tools, and have a healthy dose of humility. Your portfolio will include numerous professional design projects and examples of product experiences that are tailored to the needs of end users – and you will be able to clearly explain how and why the designs achieve this.
Ultimately, you’ll help us incorporate the voice of the customer into our product, create both functional and intuitive user experiences that improve the lives of end users, and turn the complex cybersecurity tools into the most intuitive and user-friendly product experiences in the industry.
If you have the chops, are up for a challenge, and want to help our company make the world a safer place for our customers and our partners around the globe, we want to meet you.
· Partner and closely collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive user experience from concept to launch in a mission-critical cybersecurity environment.
· Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product researchers, product owners and development engineers
· Conceive, test, and evolve experience concepts using modern design software, wireframing applications, and A/B testing tools
· Develop mockups, animatics, and prototypes to demonstrate and convey the experience vision to peers and internal stakeholders
· Establish, evolve, and ultimately own product style standards, interface elements, fonts, colors, menu design, and process flow in conjunction with overall company branding guidance
· Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and design elements) to fulfill the experience vision
· Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness, browser issues, HTML/CSS issues)
· Predict and measure experience outcomes and anchor all user experience initiatives to foundational data, user research findings, and competitive analysis
· Play a role in helping QA/QC test user experience changes to ensure the desired experience vision makes it to the product
· Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
· BSc in Design, Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Portfolio of software design projects and the ability to explain what the designs achieve and how each design works
· Knowledge of current industry, design, and product trends
· Up-to-date knowledge of modern design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
· Deep experience with modern wireframe and mockup tools
· Front-end development experience, or in absence of this, a strong awareness of technical design limitations
· Experience working in an Agile environment
· Proven track record of delighting users in an outcome-based, customer-first environment
· Demonstrated success working in a remote environment with distributed teams across highly technical and non-technical teams
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are critical in this role. Without these, you will not be successful.
· Able to dot every ‘i’ and cross every ‘t” consistently, every time, in all situations.
· Able to work closely with engineering and development team daily and able to advocate for and execute on the experience needs of end users
· Sharp analytical, innovative, and pragmatic problem-solving skills. Able to make continuous forward progress through sometimes competing priorities.
· Ability to anticipate, verbalize, and resolve nuanced conflicts in logic, timing, risk, and scope and able to envision multiple solutions to problems.
· Proactive, self-starter with excellent time and project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
· High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
· Not afraid to ask the hard questions in service of the product and experience vision to ensure alignment and successful experience outcomes.
· Equal parts ambassador and servant-leader: You can engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to foster collaboration – but you will also roll up your sleeves to help your team push a project across the finish line when the time comes.
· Brings a strong toolbox of knowledge, past experiences, and resourcefulness to the table. You understand success, you’ve experienced failure, and you have learned lessons from each situation that allows you to evolve on-the-fly in the face of change.
· Experience with design in an Enterprise software environment
· Experience with large, complex products
· Experience with cybersecurity products and services
Please include a cover letter with your submission that includes a three-sentence explanation as to why you are interested in this position.