Answers in Genesis EMT’s will render aid to employees, staff and guests at the level in which they are certified. Basic Life Support (BLS) Promptly responds to requests for medical treatment, both emergency and non-emergency, and provides appropriate medical evaluation and care to the limit of his/her certification and training. Professionally interacts with other medical personnel. Provides accurate written and verbal reports.
- Establishing medical protocols and standing orders for communications and patient care personnel
- Serving as a liaison with the local medical community
- Render patient care utilizing the Standard of Care approved by our Medical Director.
- Providing support for Paramedics rendering advanced life support type treatment if required.
- Ensuring medical bags are fully stocked at the beginning of shift, re-stocking of bags with supplies as needed and inspecting equipment to ensure proper function.
- Inspect and maintain all AED’s and First Aid Kits throughout the park.
- Maintain all medical related equipment.
- Perform monthly test and checks on all Emergency Lights, Emergency Exit Signs and Fire Extinguishers.
- Completes all required EMS paperwork accurately, and timely.
- Participate in station housekeeping duties on a consistent basis.
- All other duties as directed or assigned by supervision.
- Create a positive customer service experience.
Items needed for possible employment:
- Completion of on-line application, https://answersingenesis.org
- Salary Requirements
- Creation Belief Statement
- Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Completion of a Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current certification as an EMT Basic in Kentucky
- Valid driver’s license
- CPR certification
- Must pass drug screening
- Clean criminal background check and driving record
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Lift and/or move up to 300 pounds or more with assistance from partner(s)
- Grip up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull stretchers weighing up to 125 pounds
- Repetitively squat
- Crawl into confined spaces
- Climb stairs carrying 50 pounds of equipment
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk, see, hear