St. Therese Catholic School in Parkville, MO, is accepting applications for substitute teachers with a Bachelor's Degree, at least 60 credit hours, or a Missouri Substitute Teaching Course (20 hrs.)
The substitute teacher fulfills the mission of the Catholic Church by planning, guiding, and evaluating the learning process of the students within the framework of the school's philosophy, organization, and curriculum. The teacher provides the appropriate learning atmosphere and activities designed to maximize student competencies and skills for intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual growth. The teacher has decision making responsibilities in keeping with school policies and the Diocesan Administrative Manual. The position is hired and evaluated by the assistant principal.
- Demonstrate professional responsibility in confidentiality, sound judgment, dress, enforcing diocesan and school policies, regulations, and general behavior.
- At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing diocesan and school policies and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of information, display sound judgment in dress and general behavior.
- Establish a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image; set high standards for student behavior and manage inappropriate behavior effectively within the classroom and building.
- Develop and use effective methods of evaluation that are directly related to curriculum objectives and to concepts and skills taught; consistently and effectively evaluate student progress. Use a variety of methods to assess and monitor student's progress.
- Maintain a functional, pleasant, and safe learning environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of best teaching practices.
- Follow prepared lessons and/or prepare and implement effective lessons using the diocesan standards.
- Help build the schools faith community by a demonstrated willingness to participate in planned school religious and service activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by building administration.
- Be an active member of a faith community and be a model of the teaching of Jesus.
- Support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.ubst
- Provide a letter of reference from your pastor.
- A Bachelor degree or a minimum of 60 credit hours or a Missouri Substitute Teacher Training Course (20 hrs.)
- Preferred, a Bachelor degree in education from an accredited university and a valid teaching certificate
Note: All employees are required to consent to a background check, and sign and acknowledge the Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) Code of Conduct prior to hire. Please view the EIM at www.kcsjcatholic.org. Completion of Protecting God’s Children training is required soon after hire.