SUMMARY: The variable hour chef provides culinary support to the events department based on the fluctuating needs of the business. This position is seasonal in nature. Ideal candidates should have availability to work 2-12 shifts (8-hours) per month throughout the busy season, through end of October.
· Work closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef to ensure the kitchen is running smoothly and efficiently.
· Participate in food preparation following accepted standards of quality.
· Establish priorities and work independently as well as working as part of the team.
· Skilled knife work.
· Willing to “pitch-in” in all kitchen areas, including dishwashing, cleaning, sweeping, and garbage disposal.
· Having a critical eye on cleanliness and sanitation habits. Key Areas of Kitchen cleanliness and organization include: Ensure all food is off the floor, covered and labeled, shelves are organized. Keep food and supply pantry organized and clean. Ensure hand sinks are clean, filled with soap & paper towels. Ensure sanitizer buckets are filled with sanitized water, towels and located throughout the kitchen. Keep floors swept and debris free.
· Culinary School Students highly desired.
· Professionals who are passionate about cooking excellent food.
· Must have a current CA Food Handlers Safety Certificate.
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
· Ability to drive between multiple winery locations for events.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
· Able to stand for extended periods.
· Perform repetitive motions.
· Physically able to lift to 40 lbs.
· Busy and open office/kitchen atmosphere.
· Kitchen can be hot and slippery.
· Ability to work with regular distraction.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.