Registered Nurse (RN) - Per Diem
Snowline Hospice is a community-based organization dedicated for over 40 years to meeting the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who are nearing the end of life's journey. We care for patients in Sacramento County and El Dorado County. We are looking for a compassionate and dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) to join our healthcare team in a per diem position. Our per diem nurses are often utilized during weekend shifts and times of high patient census serving both El Dorado and Sacramento Counties. Per diem nurses must be available for the first two weeks of employment on a full-time basis in order to successfully train with us.
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will plan, organize, and perform hospice care to meet the needs of patients and families within their homes and communities. Your experience in acute care or prior hospice experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) will ensure your success in this dynamic nursing role.
* Assess patient and family needs, develop and implement care plans, and maintain medical records.
• Perform nursing treatment including pain and symptom management
• Perform assessment of patient's emotional status and needs of the family/caregiver
• Provide healthcare education to patients and family regarding pain and symptom management
• Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions to Inter-Disciplinary team members
• Maintain accurate and detailed healthcare records
• Bachelor's Degree, Associate's Degree, or a diploma in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing
• Valid California Registered Nursing license, current CPR
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently operate a computer; electronic medical record (EMR) experience, preferred
• 1 year professional nursing experience in an acute care setting. Hospice experience preferred. Home health experience a plus
• Must be able to work some weekends
APPLY TODAY AND BECOME PART OF THE SNOWLINE FAMILY!
Snowline Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.