Do you enjoy helping people and interacting with others? Are you a friendly, energetic and sociable person? Then, we need YOU!
Snowline is community-based, nonprofit organization, dedicated for over 35 years to meeting the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who are nearing the end of life's journey. We care for patients throughout Sacramento County and El Dorado County. Snowline has 3 popular thrift store locations and a Recycling Center where we employ over 60 Retail staff members total. We are currently seeking a part-time Cashier/Processor to join our team at our Folsom location! Cashiers operate the cash register which includes greeting customers, ringing up purchases, processing payments and packaging purchases. Processors sort, price, package and move donations and recycling material in manner which maximizes inventory flow and quality. Provides backup support to donation receivers.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- One (1) year previous retail cashiering experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to add, subtract, divide, multiple and count back change
- Ability to work as a team member
- Accurately ring up merchandise sales using correct departmental keys
- Accept and process multiple forms of payment including cash, checks, credit cards, debit cards, store gift cards and loyalty cards
- Provide customer with proper change and applicable receipt
- Bag and/or package sold merchandise appropriately and efficiently
- Follow store policy regarding the processing of voids, refunds, over charges, etc.
- Ensure all monies are secured in cash register and communicate to management in a timely fashion requirements for cash drawer change
- Follow store cash handling opening/closing procedures that may include counting cash, straightening receipts and balancing cash drawer
- Provide outstanding customer service while communicating with customers in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
- Communicate/promote/sell to customers loyalty cards, gift cards, promotional items, store and company special events
- Use reasonable judgment and discernment in monitoring customer satisfaction in order to communicate with managers regarding customer feedback and concerns
- Demonstrate positive behavioral characteristics such as initiative, cooperation, adaptability, dependability and flexibility
- Understand Snowline Hospice's mission and is able to answer questions about services offered by the organization
Our Cashiers are the face of Snowline and they are so important to us! Please visit our website at www.snowlinehospice.org to learn more. APPLY TODAY!
Snowline Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.