Do you enjoy a physical job? Do you enjoy a being an active member of an awesome team? If so, then we have the right job for YOU!!!
Snowline Hospice is community-based, nonprofit organization, dedicated for over 35 years to meeting the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who are nearing the end of life's journey. We care for patients throughout Sacramento County and El Dorado County. Snowline has 5 popular thrift store locations and a Reuse/ Processing Center where we employ over 80 staff members total. We are currently seeking a full-time Material Handler to join our team! The Material Handler will receive, sort, package, bale and process donated material in a manner which maximizes inventory flow and productivity. Our ideal candidate is a team player with warehouse experience who enjoys staying active on the job.
- One (1) year previous warehouse and/or retail experience preferred
- Proven ability to follow instructions and success in carrying out instructions as given
- Ability to analyze a particular situation or assignment and use discernment to decide what steps to take
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven verbal communication skills and the ability to read and write
- Perform processing, movement and recycling of donated material to include: baling, packaging, shrink-wrapping, palletizing, material rotation, record keeping, warehouse space utilization, storage container management
- While using discernment, inspect, grade, sort, place, move materials into appropriate categories including recyclables, textiles, dismantling, testing, and discard non-saleable goods as defined by management
- While sorting donations, may be required to breakdown, fold, hang and tag/price materials/items prior to placing in appropriate bin, rack, or shelf areas
- Utilize appropriate equipment to move heavy pallets
- While receiving donations, greet customers, move material to sorting and/or processing area; if necessary, tactfully decline donation
- Perform duties required to assist with the preparation of opening and closing of the facility
- To the standard set by manager, perform sweeping, cleaning and trash pickup as needed to maintain cleanliness of Processing Center warehouses and grounds
- Follow safe work practices, to include but not limited to: participation in established job rotation, use correct body mechanics and lifting techniques, use applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), keep work area clean and free from hazards
- May work special offsite community clean-up, collection, recycling, and estate activities
- Communicate with customers in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
- Understand Snowline Hospice's mission and is able to answer questions about services offered by the organization
This is a full-time, benefited position offering medical, dental, vision & life insurance plans. We also offer a generous 401(k) plan with vacation and sick leave time. We are a cohesive team looking for individuals who are dedicated to our community and our mission as an organization. Check out our website to learn more @ www.snowlinehospice.org. Click on "Careers" and APPLY TODAY!