AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares material takeoffs on the most complex projects, drawings, and plans.
- Develop procedures for the preparation of estimates for modifications and additions to cabling project. Both new construction and building remodels
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of estimates in accordance with the approved procedure for all phases of the works from the agreed engineering deliverables to the appropriate level of accuracy.
- Review contractual documents and modifications to determine scope of work and scope of changes.
- Assists project management with preparation of schedules
- Work with contractors and subcontractors to plan, organize and direct activities to concerned with cabling construction projects
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with supervisors and foremen to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site foremen to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings
- Work with contract administrator to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer
- May requisition supplies and materials to complete project
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients
- Interfaces directly with clients