The Culinary Services Manager has the overall responsibility to manage daily food service operations ensuring guest satisfaction. The Food Service Manager will lead our team of Assistant Food Service Manager, Cooks, and Cashiers. Professional skills are applied in the areas of food production, food procurement, equipment operations and leading others. This position is supported internally by HR, Operations and Retail departments. This position has a career path to fit your professional growth goals through managing a large staff to achieve great results by tackling challenges and having fun along the way.
This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the Answers in Genesis & Creation Museum Purpose and Mission.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Ensure that safety and hygienic operations of the kitchen and ancillary areas are adhered to by all members of staff (HACCP).
- Monitor food service activities to ensure that professional standards and maintained.
- Control purchase of all food and beverages and monitor product inventory, ensuring all items are dated and planning proper stock rotation and maintaining constant control of the various storage facilities. Complete daily, weekly, and period end inventory count and forms.
- Train and develop 30+ staff comprised of seasonal, full-time, part-time, and Assistant Managers.
- Work with Boone County Department of Health representatives.
- Review and approve employee timecards and benefits hours.
- Inspect, maintain and arrange for repairs on all food service and kitchen equipment and machinery to ensure safe and proper operation.
- Leads Assistant Managers, Cooks and Cashiers on training
- Maintain all procedures, policies, and QSS, cash handling protocol and inventory control systems.
- Promote effective communication between staff and management.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Regularly attends a local Bible-believing church.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of food preparation, quantity cooking, purchasing, and food costs.
- Considerable knowledge of the applicable professional and county governmental standards and regulations on food service standards and safety.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and supervise the work of a large staff.
- HACCP certified.
- Excellent leadership, management, interpersonal, and analysis skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to lead in a variety of settings with a diverse team.
- Ability to keep a clear head in a fast-paced environment and reacts well under pressure in order to maintain pleasant working relationships with a diverse group of staff and museum guests.
- Able to regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Required to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, and stand for extended periods of time
- A working knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet and Outlook email.
Items needed for possible employment
- Salary Requirements
- How you found out about this position
- Salvation testimony
- Creation belief statement
- Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith