PreventEd is dedicated to advancing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We accomplish this by acceptance, and understanding amongst our team and hiring individuals who bring unique perspectives and diverse experiences to the agency. PreventEd encourages all interested individuals, including people of all races and national origin, people of all ages, people of all religions, people with or without disabilities, and/or people with any gender identity and sexual orientation, to apply!
The Development Specialist works under the immediate supervision of the Director of Development, and under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Development Specialist performs a variety of duties to facilitate the efficient operation of PreventEd’s Development department.
· Maintains donor database, including calendaring deadlines, logging donations, and generating and sending donor acknowledgements.
· Maintains accuracy and integrity of database, ensuring all information is kept current and up to date.
· Troubleshoots database issues.
· Completes/submits donor state tax credit applications and maintain tax credit records.
· Conducts prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
· Produces reports relating to historical and current giving and to donor strategy.
· Develops data queries and reports to coordinate information as needed for communication and mailings (e.g. the Key newsletter, end of year appeal, etc.).
· Supports cultivation and fundraising events with data management including event registration, meal tracking, sponsorship pledges and payments, invitation mailings, and post-event data follow up.
· Assists with the solicitation, pick up, and acknowledgement of in-kind donations.
· Performs various other duties as assigned.
· Be punctual and possess a friendly manner.
· Possess a high degree of maturity, flexibility, a strong work ethic, and a passion for our mission.
· Be meticulous and organized when accomplishing all tasks.
· Respect the confidential nature of donor information.
· Possess the ability to intelligently prioritize, execute job demands, and maintain efficient personal workflow.
· Communicate effectively with a diverse base of staff, donors, board members, community members, clients, etc.
· Exceptional ability to execute multiple projects and assignments with minimal errors and with high attention to detail.
· Possess the ability to work as a member of a team as well as work independently.
· Be willing to work occasional weeknights and weekends.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field OR 2+ years’ experience in bookkeeping, a field related to finance or fundraising.
· Demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Office.
· Proficiency in a CRM
· Work for Top Workplace!
· Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· 401 (k)
· Flexibility/ Work Life Balance