$1,500 Sign on Bonus
Relocation costs may be covered
Housing resources can be shared
The Director of the ASL department has the primary responsibility of supervising and overseeing the ASL educational program K-12 at The Learning Center for the Deaf (Marie Philip School and Walden School)
SUPERVISOR: Educational Leadership Team
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate meetings with ASL teachers/specialists for K-12.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the progression of K-12 ASL instruction and curriculum.
- Provide direction, consultation, and supervision to ASL teachers/specialists when needed.
- Ensure a bilingual/multicultural environment is maintained (e.g., ASL visuals in classroom, hallways, and overall school environment).
- Develop and maintain a budget for the department and secure appropriate and necessary materials for teaching/learning.
- Possess the knowledge and expertise in first/Heritage language acquisition/milestones, assessments, and curriculum development (e.g. align with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and Clerc Center National ASL Standards).
- Work collaboratively with TLC principals, English Language Arts leads and Speech and Language Pathologists.
- Oversight of ASL Teachers/ASL Specialists progress reports
- Responsibility to leading, managing and developing the ASL subject/curriculum areas.