NCS is looking for a detail-oriented project manager with experience managing commercial solar projects. This is primarily a desk job with around 20% of the time spent in the field. This position reports to the Director of Project Management and will be responsible for managing the broader NCS team and external partners to complete development of commercial solar projects ranging from 100KW-2MW in size.
- Work as a member of a cross-functioning team to design and install commercial solar projects in Washington, DC
- Facilitate development of multiple solar projects (10 to 15) from initial concept to operations
- Ensure projects meet their milestone goals and deadlines, and work with NCS finance and sales team to manage key stakeholder expectations
- Ensure compliance with project budgets and schedules, and communicate, track, and monitor budgets and schedules
- Record key notes and track project status in NCS project management software
- Finalize, manage, and maintain compliance with construction contracts, construction permits, interconnection approvals, and subcontractor agreements
- Correspond with both property owners, AHJ authorities, and other quasi-governmental agencies to address development concerns and key project barriers
- Draft NCS essential project documents such as solar feasibility reports, production analysis, notice of final designs, subcontractor agreements
- Work with NCS’s construction management and procurement teams to manage equipment deliveries, construction logistics, and safety on active construction sites
- Coordinate project closeout and punch lists to ensure successful project handoff to asset management and operations period
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in relevant field, or five years of experience in the solar industry
- A minimum of three years of solar project management experience
- Strong people skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and must be able to legally work in the US
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong understanding of 2017 NEC and IBC regulations
- Experience with Sketchup and Helioscope
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification
- Project Management Professional Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: New Columbia Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.______________________________________________________________________________
Occupational Health and Safety: New Columbia Solar provides a workplace free from recognized hazards and complies with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, document projectors, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.