Title: Senior Product Marketing Manager
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona- S&M Department
Pay Range: $80K-100K + Company Stock Options Plan
Date: July 13, 2021
FLSA Class: Exempt-Creative
EEO Class: Administrative Support Workers
Reports to: VP of Marketing
Benefits: Dental, Vision, and Life; Employer Sponsored Medical Insurance; Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off
MyCarrier provides SaaS (software as a service) products to the freight transportation industry. MyCarrier was founded in 2016 by former Executives of a large software powered freight brokerage and is now in the rapid scaling phase. Our difference is in our people. We believe that our team members are the greatest assets to our mission. We are driven to support our employees with all the tools and resources needed to support their individual talents. Our people live the values that makes MyCarrier a great place to work. Learn more at https://go.mycarrier.io/careers.
General Job Description:
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to develop production and execute product marketing campaigns and go-to-market plans in parallel with MyCarrier product launches. The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for illustrating the organization’s product vision to the customer through SaaS based product marketing campaigns.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, and Sales leaders on go-to-market strategies, applying market and customer insights
- Conduct competitive market research identifying competitor product features, benefits, and positioning
- Work with Sales & Marketing to develop buyer personas, positioning, features, benefits, and overall product messaging
- Work closely with the VP of Product Management and the VP of Marketing on the go-to-market strategy details for upcoming product launches in the MyCarrier roadmap pipeline
- Document market messages and value propositions for channel advertising including any customer marketing stories that help refine the platform/product positioning through clear communications that shows our value to our customers
- Understands how to move customers through a sales funnel that converts them from a general audience, into loyal fans
- Ideate and develop compelling, audience-specific messages to reach and engage our buyer personas
- Work with the marketing team to develop content based on the buyer’s journey that includes videos, customer success stories, case studies, whitepapers, sales presentations, social posts, corporate website pages, and blog articles
- Become the internal product champion in communicating upcoming product marketing campaigns to the various supporting departments
- Lead and develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with targeted buyers by understanding our brand, customer needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive landscape
- General knowledge of positioning product upgrades and features in social media, webinar, PR and email campaigns
- Create, manage, and execute the product marketing strategy and marketing campaigns for new and existing products
- Lead creation of thought-leading product marketing materials and content across digital and print communications such as customer literature, blogs, e-mails, videos, webinars, presentations, web copy, advertisement, and trade show/event material
- Develop a competitive intelligence framework and research, manage, and provide key insights that will guide product requirements/positioning and strategic marketing initiatives
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the category internally and externally, creating and delivering presentations with confidence (to include internal sales enablement)
- Monitor market and competitive trends, and provide feed insights back into MyCarrier teams and adjust strategies and execution as needed
- Conducts competitive research on how to best monetize new features
- Understands subscription model services, price point strategies, and product positioning
- Participation/Leadership in Product Steering Committee and Customer Advisory Board Teams
Education and Experience:
- SaaS software go-to-market knowledge in positioning, messaging, using solid subscription model experience
- 5+ year(s) experience in marketing, research, or product related experience preferably in software or tech B2B space
- Experience building strong, collaborative cross-functional partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in a related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Jira and HubSpot marketing automation a plus
- Strong attention to detail and research skills; both quantitative and qualitative a plus
- Strong multitasking, brainstorming, and content creation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite of products
- Ability to rapidly adopt and gain proficiency in new software and platforms
- Ability to learn to develop and launch a successful go-to-market strategy and grow technology products.
- Ability to think strategically while having strong business judgment.
- Ability to synthesize market data to help define and guide the product marketing strategy.
- Ability to document requirements and build personas
- Ability to learn with limited direction; self-motivated
- Comfortable working with other departments and managers
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position which will typically involve 40+ hours a week.
Minimal travel is expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.