The North Carolina Museum of Art Foundation, Inc., is considering applicants for a 10-month contract position of Tour Assistant from August 2021 - May 2022.
- Schedule and confirm tour reservations.
- Respond to questions and feedback regarding all tours.
- Monitor Google Sheets for docent sign-outs and substitutions.
- Update docent availability and assign tours in Tessitura.
- Report weekly tour schedules and other docent statistics as needed.
- Print out and monitor docent tour sign-in and attendance sheet at front desk.
- Report tour attendance in Tessitura.
- Administer Duke Bus Fund to qualifying schools.
- Update docent contact information and status.
- Schedule Zoom meetings for virtual tours.
- Greet school groups arriving at the Museum Wednesday through Friday and manage tablet check-out system.
- 3 hours attending meetings
- 0–3 hours meeting tour groups
- 5–7 hours responding to tour inquiries
- 5–7 hours responding to questions from guests registered for tours
- 3–5 hours scheduling tours
- 2–3 hours communicating with docents about tours
- 1 hour for professional development: joining the NCMA staff or education department meetings; taking advantage of NCMA workshops or programs
- One-hour weekly check-in with manager of docent experience
- Occasional Monday docent trainings to share announcements and answer questions
- Experience in customer service: in person, over email, and/or on the phone
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with database management and maintaining records
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously
Please include resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and how you are qualified. Also, include at least two references with current contact information.
Closing Date: July 28, 2021 at 5pm.