Mission Statement: It is our mission to improve the quality of life for the diverse communities of South Los Angeles and Southeast Los Angeles County by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment. We aim to lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
The Comprehensive Perinatal Health Worker (CPHW) is responsible to provide comprehensive service to prenatal and postpartum patients
· Assists patients with information gather which may include field support, home visits, and face contracts to ensure enrollment in government programs
· Managed patient caseloads throughout pregnancy and post-partum
· Collaborate with other team members to address patient needs and concerns and encourage attendance at all appointments with a focus optimizing health outcomes.
· Deliver SCFHC’s Comprehensive Perinatal Service Program (CPSP) by delivering health education, providing case coordination, completing comprehensive assessments, coordinating support service and monitoring nutrition, education and psychosocial interventions and referrals.
· Provide tailored health education to patients on a wide variety of topics that will lead to healthy pregnancy outcomes such as healthy eating, genetic testing, and family planning
· Manage activity of Individual Care Plan (ICP), assessing the effectiveness of interventions during each trimester and modifying as patient conditions change
· Conduct prenatal orientation (intake) with patients, explaining procedures, answering questions, ordering labs, collecting medical/genetic history, reviewing pregnancy plans and assigning OB Clinician
· Complete comprehensive health, nutrition and psychosocial assessment developing personalized ICP based on results and patient needs
· Refer clients to appropriate perinatal support services including nutritionist, social worker, childbirth educator, lactation consultant, WIC and dental
· Coordinate referrals to imaging testing, specialists and delivering hospital including hospital pre-registration and hospital tour
· Counsel patient for eligibility programs including Presumptive Eligibility, pregnancy Medi-Cal and Prenatal Cash Program
· Coordinate the scheduling of all patients for the Perinatal & Health Educational Counselor Family Health Center
Education and Knowledge
· Bachelor’s degree in Health Education, Health Sciences, Human Development, Public health, Social work, or a related field.
· Medical Assistant Certificate
· Minimum of three years’ maternal and child health experience, including direct patient services
· Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program Provider Overview Online Training
· Certified Family Planning Health Worker training
Skills and Abilities
· Must be able to communicate effectively, in English, both verbally and written
· Bilingual/Bi-literate Spanish/English preferred
· Experience in case coordination or case management
· Experience in assessing patients’ needs and providing direct health education in one-on-one or group sessions
· Able to present information, both verbally and in writing, to individuals and groups
Licensure and Certificates:
· CPSP Certified
· CPHW Training and Certificate
· CPR Certified