OUR MISSION: To build and support mentoring relationships to ignite the biggest possible futures for youth.
As the nation's first and NYC's largest youth mentoring agency, Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City is recognized for our high standards and effective delivery of life changing programs. With the vision that all youth achieve their full potential, we have provided safe and impactful mentoring experiences to NYC youth since 1904.
BBBS of NYC seeks a part-time Interviewer, who will assist with the volunteer, child and family screening process. The individual will conduct family and volunteer interviews and complete clinical assessments to assess client/family appropriateness for program. Must be flexible to work evenings and two Saturdays a month. Candidates that are Bilingual English/Spanish, English/Mandarin, and English/Korean are strongly encouraged to apply. This role is currently functioning remotely, with the expectation of transitioning to our Manhattan office once the organization has deemed it is safe to do so. Candidate must have internet connection and computer capabilities (w/functional microphone & camera) and quiet, private space in which to conduct virtual interviews.
- Conduct thorough interviews of applicants (youth ages 7-16), guardians and/or volunteers.
- Write clinical assessments and review for recommendation
- Utilize BBBS of NYC Case Management Manual, training(s) and ongoing group supervision for eligibility criteria for recommendation
- Provide BBBS of NYC program-related information and educate families and volunteers on program structure
- Follow BBBS of NYC child safety guidelines, working closely with our Child Safety Officer and make required reports and referrals as needed
- Connect to supervisor via email and phone for follow up questions as needed
- Attend quarterly group supervision meetings for ongoing training and support
- Provide a self-built schedule each month, providing a minimum of 10 interviews, contributing to the growth of BBBS of NYC
Education: Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling, Social Services or Social Work
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience conducting interviews and performing clinical assessments
Skills: Strong clinical interviewing, assessment writing and computer skills
Language: English, Bilingual English/Spanish, English/Mandarin and/or English/Korean are encouraged to apply.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC’s career center. Application without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
No search firms please.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.