Full time/ Hourly
11 month position, 32 hours a week, 2pm to 10pm M-Th
- $1,500 Sign-on Bonus
- Housing Resources Available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits include: Health; Dental; Vision; Life and Disability Insurance; Employer-Matching 403B; Sick/Personal/Vacation Time; Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
ASL Proficiency Required
TLC Diversity Statement:
The Learning Center for the Deaf is on a journey to create an inclusive and welcoming space for people of all backgrounds. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates our TLC community members' diverse narratives. We embrace and value multiple approaches, experiences, and perspectives. TLC believes that diversity fosters innovation. We are committed to cultivating a place where everyone can feel they belong.
About Marie Philip School:
MPS enrolls nearly 200 deaf and hard of hearing students on our Framingham, MA campus in an ASL/English bilingual, bicultural educational model.
The Learning Center for the Deaf is a nationally-recognized leader of services for deaf and hard of hearing children, adults and families. To learn more, click here.
For our Mission, click here.
The Residential Counselor will provide leadership to residential students by developing, implementing and monitoring all residential activities, which support residential students’ social, physical, intellectual, communicative and emotional development.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct supervision and support to the residential students.
- Support, plan and maintain residential and independent living skills activities to meet identified individual residential student and/or programmatic needs.
- Utilize database to ensure all externally and internally required reports are complete, accurate, and implemented on schedule.
- Work collaboratively with TLC colleagues to facilitate students’ educational, social, recreational and life skills activities within existing programs.
- Be accountable for the general supervision of residential students and remain on duty during emergency situations.
- Maintain residential program’s expectations, including school policies and procedures.
- Work with other Residential Counselors in coordinating activities, field trips or finding guest speakers for residential program if needed.
- Assist TLC staff with coordinating other related activities as deemed appropriate.
- May be delegated and trained to conduct medication administration or certain medical procedure responsibilities for students.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- BA/BS degree in Human Services or equivalent preferred
- High School diploma with 2 years of experience in residential setting or supervisory level may be equivalent
- A minimum of conversational fluency in American Sign Language required, with native, or near-native ASL fluency preferred
- Ability to communicate and work effectively as part of a team
- Knowledge of issues and priorities important to students’ needs in a residential program preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft and Mac software
- Experience and skill in developing, implementing and/or planning activities for residential students