Children’s Museum of Atlanta, a nonprofit 501(c)(3), is the only educational venue of its kind in Atlanta. Through community outreach initiatives, educational programs, and exhibits designed for children ages 0–8, the Museum strives to spark every child’s imagination, sense of discovery and learning through the power of play and we are looking to build our team of Museum Educators on our school programs team. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Exhibit Floor Support reports to the Guest Experience Manager in the Guest Experience Department and is a part time, non exempt, hourly position, with a pay rate of $13.00 per hour.
Schedule: Varied; weekdays; Saturdays or Sundays required; school holidays required.
Primary Role: To provide a clean, fun, safe and welcoming environment for all Museum guests and members in exhibit floor spaces.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for opening and closing Museum floor in between sessions and at the start and end of each day
- Make regular rounds of exhibits (including any outdoor exhibits) to tidy up, clean, organize, restage, and sanitize consumables
- Assist with cleaning and sanitizing of programming spaces
- Provide accurate information and answer questions about the Museum, programming, exhibits, revenue generators. Offer alternatives or a path to an answer, never leaving the guest with a dead end. Offer general assistance to guests within exhibits
- Communicate with Day porter, GX Team Members, and/or supervisor regarding any cleanliness issues
- Communicate to supervisors regarding any consumable, exhibit, and guest needs or issues
- Troubleshoot exhibits
- Support Museum Mission and Values
- Follow all Staff Expectations and Policies for role and Department
- Present a positive and energetic demeanor
- Properly and helpfully communicate Museum policies to Museum visitors
- Assist with basic First Aid as needed
- Assist with separated children and caregivers
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough, attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Able to work in a multifaceted, team-oriented environment
- Able to use cultural competence with experience serving diverse populations and communities
- Able to work a physically demanding role for multiple hours at a time
Education & Experience:
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Coursework in Hospitality preferred
- Work in housekeeping type field
- Face-to-face customer service
- Work with young children