Job Summary: The HR Generalist contributes to the success of the organization through recruitment, selection, interviewing, performance management, onboarding, offboarding, HRIS management, record keeping, timekeeping, benefits, and employee development and engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists in administration of HR policies, processes and best practices while supporting company initiatives and HR strategy at the corporate and local levels. Instill a culture of ownership, accountability, and engagement across the organization.
· Ensure a safe workplace by working with managers to implement policies and procedures to avoid accidents and maintain a disease-free workplace. Ensure that all relevant OSHA requirements are met. Coordinate with the corporate Safety Leader to ensure adherence to corporate safety practices at the local level.
· Conduct recruitment activities for all hourly and salaried employees including performing interviews, administering testing, checking references, conducting background checks and creating/delivering job offers. Track the requisition pipeline and recommend improvements to ensure that Delaney is hiring the best talent in an efficient manner.
· Coordinate all aspects of the annual performance management process including gathering feedback and facilitating its successful implementation
· Coordinate the succession pipeline and work with the HR Director to ensure visibility of high potentials across the corporation and implement leadership development plans.
· Coordinate training and development activities including the scheduling, administration and tracking of internal and external training and evaluating training effectiveness
· Participate in training and make presentations (employee meetings etc.) as required. Work with leadership to schedule and present town halls.
· Partner with the HR Director to manage all aspects of the annual compensation process. Assist in pay banding, compa-ratios and compensation management.
· Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for continuous improvement with existing and new HR processes, policies and systems
· Lead Delaney’s Employee Engagement Committee
· Administer employee satisfaction surveys and tabulate results. Work with leadership and HR Director to disseminate results and implement practices to improve employee engagement.
· Aide in the administration and distribution of companywide communications
· Respond to employee inquiries and assist with the resolution of issues
· Lead on-boarding and off-boarding process for employees and ensure all requirements are met
· Maintain current and accurate employee files/records and HRIS systems data
· Assist employees in the use of HRIS systems
· Create and rewrite job descriptions. Maintain database for easy access.
· Review the employee handbook on an annual basis and revise as needed
· Assist with employee payroll, timekeeping, benefit and 401K administration
· Assist with special projects based on the needs of the HR Department and the business
· Maintain an HR calendar and ensure that employees comply with deadlines.
· Extremely organized and detail-oriented
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality
· Ability to provide appropriate response to employee issues and resolve conflicts
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
· Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new or updated software
· Continuous improvement mindset – must be able to adhere to our corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation and leadership
· Bachelor’s Degree in HR Administration or relevant field of study
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources or related field
· Professional certification such as the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.