U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
The Learning Experience Designer will collaborate with internal departments and subject matter experts in content creation, instructional design, and system support. The position will assist in the timeline and build-out of annual curricula within U.S. Soccer’s Learning Management System – The U.S. Soccer Learning Center. A successful candidate will further streamline operations through a clear content development roadmap. This individual has the opportunity to support access, growth and development of soccer through enhanced learning experiences.
- Structures approach based upon predefined learning objectives to develop professional and engaging educational experiences
- Supports a wide variety of content creation that includes but is not limited to presentations, infographics, animations, guides, multimedia simulations, .gifs and videos
- Develop formal and informal resources that are consistent with the U.S. Soccer brand creative
- Coordinates the development timeline and annual curricula roll out according to department timelines
- Supports maintenance, revisions, and troubleshooting within the learning management system.
- Assists in integrating e-learning deliverables for courses on the learning management system
- Performs quality assurance on course content through continuous auditing
- Ensures compliance with established course delivery guidelines
- Supports internal training and member onboarding strategy for the Learning Management System
- Maintains the Administrator and User Help Guide in conjunction with system developments and user support needs.
- Performs any other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, instructional technology or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in online course development, instructional design, or instructional technology
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong lesson and curriculum planning skills
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Established knowledge of course development software and Learning Management Systems
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Knowledge and development experience with standard instructional design tools (Adobe Suite, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Bridge LMS, Web 2.0 tools, etc.)
- Experience supporting and/or converting instructor-led training to virtual-based training
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Familiarity with the U.S. Soccer landscape including, but not limited to coaching education, referee programs, and standard safety initiatives
- Significant experience creating content in Articulate 360
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant business or technical discipline
- Experience in appealing to various types of learning
- Strong empathy and commitment to deliver for stakeholder needs
- A quick learner with ability to synthesize project details from organizational goals
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company-centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.