We are North America’s leading aftermarket parts provider, supporting both EMD and GE locomotives. In addition to our broad locomotive line, we also provide products for Passenger Transit, Marine and Power Generation markets. America’s freight needs to keep moving and PowerRail is defined as “essential” to meeting that economic objective.
We offer competitive compensation; Stimulating work environment with unlimited growth potential; Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life and disability insurance, 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan with profit sharing.
Reporting to the VP of Purchasing, the Senior Buyer will coordinate vendor activity, negotiations, and analyze trends in vendor pricing and sales activity to determine the correct timing and quantity of purchases. They are also required to research and identify alternate vendors and/or products that meet the quality standard or certifications of the company and customer.
Some example responsibilities are:
• Prepare and manage RFP/RFQ proposals, purchase agreements, and statements of work.
• Evaluate quotations/proposals to determine recommended vendor sourcing.
• Ensure Approved Vendor List management and compliance.
• Assess material demand to determine procurement requirements, prepare and execute Purchase Orders in compliance with Company Policy.
• Interfaces with technical and management personnel regarding possible changes in material, quantity, quality or delivery schedules that may result in cost savings.
• Monthly review and reporting of commodity/vendor KPI's.
• Manage vendor relationships.
• Proactively identify efficiency and/or cost savings opportunities and programs, and work with both vendors and internal teams to drive implementation.
• Take a lead role in driving process improvement and management of obsolescence issues.
• Closely manage system data (pricing, lead times, dates, etc.) to ensure accuracy and monitor orders to ensure vendor commitments and/or expedite needs are fulfilled.
• Works with technical personnel in the design stages, and the quoting process.
• Oversee all purchasing activities for the department.
• Expedites material to ensure on-time delivery as required.
• Prepares purchase orders and arranges for blueprints, specifications, material and tooling to be forwarded to suppliers.
• Assists and trains new Buyers in performing purchasing activities.
· High School Diploma or GED Required - (Bachelor's (Preferred)
Ø Competitive compensation
Ø Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, Flex Spending, 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership with profit sharing.
Ø Stimulating work environment with unlimited growth potential.
We are an employee-owned company - come join our team and be part of the PowerRail Future.
Apply at: www.epowerrail.com/careers