About Skilled KC:
Our Skilled KC initiative intends to provide a student-centered learning experience t o support residents that want t o earn a credential that w ill set them on a successful career trajectory or give them a boost in their current profession to work, live, and earn. In partnership with m any organizations, Skilled KC will support closing the gap for people to access valuable credentials to jump start careers and find job placements.
Our Mission: To help individuals attain economic independence by advancing educational achievement and entrepreneurial success, consistent with the aspirations of our founder, Ewing Marion Kauffman.
The Information Technology Instructor fulfills roles both inside and outside the classroom; including, developing and delivering a variety of courses, as well as supporting curriculum maintenance and industry engagement efforts.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Design, teach and continuously improve the curriculum for a full range of Information Technology courses
· Model and communicate standards for students, support staff and volunteers who will ensure quality training and education
· Oversee instructional assistant
· Collaborate and co-teach with other instructors
· Work with Student Affairs team to support student needs
· Support students with industry specific job readiness (resume, cover letter, mock interview, etc.)
· Cultivate industry partnerships that lead to work-based learning and job placement opportunities
· Participate on the program advisory board
· Complete additional duties with either a focus on curriculum or industry engagement
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Minimum of an Associate’s degree in an Information Technology field.
Work Experience: At least three years direct occupational experience and/or experience teaching in the subject area. A combination of training, certifications, and work experience may be substituted for education requirements.
Travel: May require occasional business travel regionally or nationally.
Qualified incumbents for this position must be highly motivated, capable of self-directed work, detail-oriented and able to work collaboratively across teams and departments. Incumbents must exhibit a keen sense of responsibility and enjoy working with multiple demands, shifting priorities and constant change.
· Ability to take initiative as a self-starter who has the persistence and technical competence to get the job done
· Knowledge of and a strong commitment to student learning
· Demonstrated skills in information technology support
· Working knowledge of curriculum, industry procedures and best practices in Information Technology
· Strong abilty to stay current in industry trends, tools, processes, etc.
· Ability to work with subject matter experts (SMEs) adjunct instructors, staff, industry partners and advisory members
· Excellent writing and speaking skill
· Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage in a fast-paced environment
· A high level of ethics with a strong sense of integrity and committed to the values of Skilled KC, and maintenance of confidentiality
· Confidence in his/her abilities while approaching work with humility
· Solid interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to establish and develop credibility quickly at all levels of the organization
· Demonstrated skills at building relationships and leveraging existing relationships to improve outcomes of institutional initiatives
· Ability to maintain a calm and competent demeanor in uncomfortable or difficult situations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.