Bay State Community Services (BSCS) is the safety net agency that is committed to helping those most in need. If you are looking to be part of a non-profit agency that has an excellent reputation, strength-based supervision and high regard when it comes to honoring the mission of our work, Bay State Community Services is the right place for you. Apply now!!
We are looking for an individual with experience and skills related to early childhood prevention, social work, community and public health, recovery coaching or another relevant field. This position requires excellent communication, problem solving, and active listening skills; initiative, creativity, and adaptability; the ability to work independently and effectively in groups; strong relationship building skills; an understanding of the social determinants of health and a commitment to racial and health equity. The ideal candidate will have the curiosity and ability to learn new things. Ongoing training and professional development opportunities are provided.
This position will coordinate and implement evidence-based strategies (program, policies or practices) for children (prenatal – 11 years of age) in the Quincy area who have a parent/caregiver with a history of substance misuse and addiction, parents/caregivers of these children, pre-school and/or school settings, and social service, and early childhood service providers.
This role is now a temporary assignment lasting 15 months with a potential for an extension after 15 months.
What You Will Be Doing to Make a Difference...
· Coordinate assessment, capacity building, strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation efforts with the help of the identified Technical Assistance provider.
· Oversee the collection, analysis, and dissemination of related data
· Establish and coordinate an Early Childhood Prevention work group/coalition comprised of local community members and stakeholders
· Oversee the development, refinement and implementation of a strategic plan
· Coordinator and facilitate chosen evidence-based program (EBP) strategies in alignment with CLAS standards and with fidelity, this may include workshops, support groups, and/or trainings
· Implement strategies with the following guiding principles in mind:
Principle 1. Racial Equity
Principle 2. Trauma-informed service provision
Principle 3. Positive Youth Development
Principle 4. Intersectionality
Principle 5. Cultural Humility
Principle 6. Restorative Justice
Principle 7. Collective Impact
Principle 8. Build and sustain the leadership of people of color.
· Build and maintain strategic partnerships within the community and within the organization; Engage individuals, community groups, and organizations to coordinate and implement prevention strategies
· Become a certified Train the Trainer Model of selected EBP
· Maintain ongoing communication with Bureau of Substance Addiction Services program manager at the Department of Public Health regarding program activities; Keep accurate records related to program requirements and complete quarterly reports for the Department of Public Health and other funding sources
· Monitor program progress, goals, and objectives
· Coordinate program budget, as needed
· Proposal writing, as needed
Bay State Community Services recognizes all the hard work of our staff and provides outstanding benefits including:
· Bachelor's degree and extensive relevant experience in a related field
· Master's degree in a related field preferred, but not required
· Prior leadership experience preferred
· Strong organizational, technical and communication skills
· Certified Prevention Specialist, in the process of becoming certified, or willing to work towards certification
· Ability to travel outside Quincy for trainings and required BSAS meetings
· Ability to work with diverse communities, including with children and families of different races, ethnicities, ages, abilities and experiences
· Relevant lived experience or experience working with children and parents/caregivers with a history of substance misuse and addiction.
Bay State Community Services is committed to diversity, inclusion, and social justice. We are committed to providing an environment free from harassment of any kind, and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Bay State Community Services believes diversity and inclusion, and social justice is an action, and as such seeks to operationalize policies, procedures and systems, that support a talented, and diverse workforce.