We are looking for positive individuals to join our team as Juvenile Security Officer! This is a great full-time role for anyone interested in working with youth and contributing to the community. This full-time position is entry-level and works from 5 am to 5 pm two to three days per week.
The Florida Parishes Juvenile Detention Center provides a safe and restrictive environment for juveniles requiring secure residential detention within the five Florida Parishes. We are a nationally recognized award winning agency and pride ourselves on our service to the community. Our team is growing, and we are looking for great individuals to join our facility as Juvenile Security Officer.
Our Juvenile Security Officer provide direct care and constant supervision to the residents. As members of our Operations Department (Corrections), their primary duty is to assure the safety and security of each juvenile, yet this position is much more dynamic and interactive. The position is rewarding, and greatly contributes to the success of our communities’ at-risk children.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Our ideal candidate is willing to learn and grow as a professional. No degree or experience is necessary! All new hires are paid to undergo our thorough training program to empower them for success in this field.
- Our ideal candidate has a degree in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Education, etc., however, a college degree is not required!
- Our ideal candidate has experience working in Corrections, Education, or the Social Service sector. They may have also served as a Coach, Mentor, Youth Leader, or in any other capacity serving as a positive adult role-model.
- Our ideal candidate enjoys working with kids and teens and is community-oriented. They also have a positive and up-beat attitude.
- Our ideal candidate lives in the five parish region we serve and is willing to commit to a structured shift work schedule and long-term, full-time employment.
What We Offer Our Staff:
- Our Security Staff enjoy a set-schedule that offers lots of free time and every other weekend off! Officers work 12-hour shifts and only work 3-4 days per week, on rotation! Staff enjoy up to 6-months of time off-duty each year!
- FPJDC’s new hires undergo 80+ hours of paid training . Our interactive courses include Handle With Care Crisis/Conflict Intervention, Behavioral Health Disorders, Adolescent Development, and CPR/First Aid. Additionally, we train all staff on proper usage of our evidence-based behavior management system.
- Meals and uniforms are provided for each team member. There is no cost to you!
- Our excellent benefit plan offers each employee cost-free health, vision, and dental insurance. We also offer holiday pay, vacation/sick time, participation in the State Retirement Program , and much more! Visit FPJDC.org for the complete list.
- Credit will be given for prior experience working with juveniles, and for higher educational level relative to this position.
- JDS entry level rate of pay begins at $14 - $16 per hour with opportunities to increase pay based on job performance!
- There is the possibility to earn annual pay raises of up to 6% each year!
General Juvenile Security Officer Duties:
- Accompany the residents as they attend school in a classroom setting and enjoy structured recreational time
- Escort residents to the dining hall for meals, and then dine with the residents
- Implement FPJDC’s therapeutic behavior management program, utilizing basic tenants of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to change criminal thinking (This includes grading behavior, discussing key program tenants, appropriately utilizing our token economy and serving as an unbiased and fair positive adult role-model.)
- Lead daily interactive therapeutic groups with residents aimed at teaching pro social behaviors and life skills
- Process new residents into the facility ensuring they are properly screened for contraband, receive medical and mental health assessments, and are oriented to the facility
- Maintain a safe and secure atmosphere for all residents and staff
Requirements To Qualify For Position:
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for employment with FPJDC:
- Possess a valid Louisiana Driver’s License
- Have a high school diploma/GED.
Candidates MUST successfully complete all pre-employment requirements, as listed at FPDJC.org.
- Physical Fitness Exam (1.5 mile run, sit-ups, and push-ups)
- Diana Screen
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug and Health Screen
Visit http://fpjdc.org/pre-employment-requirements for more information