TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that is mobilizing people, business, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. We inspire, engage, and support the community to increase the urban tree canopy and address climate threats and environmental justice in Los Angeles and across the region.
We are seeking a Grant Writer to join our development team and support the organization. This position will support the government grants portfolio from identification to submission, which includes completing grant applications, writing proposals, coordination of requisite reports, developing strategies and supporting the research or grant opportunities.
- Implement effective strategies to proactively identify, apply, and execute public funding opportunities, including federal, state, local and private grants.
- Actively and regularly identify potential funding sources and opportunities for TreePeople and TreePeople Land Trust programming.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with public funding agencies, professional governmental associations, and other public funding entities.
- Develop, interpret, and apply TreePeople and TreePeople Land Trust policies and procedures for grants and projects.
- Coordinate with other team members to develop, plan, write, and submit grant proposals for new and existing programs.
- Advise and coordinate on the development and writing of interim and final reports for funded programs.
- Work with program and finance team to maintain records of activities, compliance, and budgets as they relate to reports on awarded grants.
- Work closely with other departments and management across the organization to prepare proposals, follow up on deliverables and reports as needed.
- Support special campaigns and initiatives.
- Stay abreast of significant funding trends related to the environment, climate change and equity including specific opportunities that are in preliminary stages of development.
- Other duties as assigned.