The Bizzell Group, one of the fastest-growing businesses in America, is seeking a detail orientated Administrative Support Specialist II to support our client, The Department of Transportation (DOT) in Washington, DC.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in the administrative area
- Knowledge of Federal Government office policies, processes and procedures
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of correspondence protocol, to include both utilizing correspondence software tools, and hard copy correspondence packages
- The ability to work independently in the absence of specific instructions on a number of tasks with a high degree of speed using organizational skills, and perform these duties with demonstrated ability to maintain effective relations with clients and staff (on-site and remote), exercise confidentiality, discretion, and demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Office front desk support may also be required of the Administrative Support II. Additionally, is flexible in adapting to deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to apply sound business judgment
- Ability to be resourceful, creative, and a problem solver
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Four years of experience performing office administration duties without day-to-day direction;
- Accurate typing of at least 35 wpm
- Proficient in the use of current Microsoft products such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype, Access, SQL, SharePoint, current web browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer, Edge, Google Chrome, etc.), Adobe Acrobat, and scheduling/navigating conference applications (i.e. Adobe Connect, PolyCom VTC), automated administrative tracking management systems (i.e. travel management, time and attendance), and other work-related data entry systems;
- Highly proficient in grammar, spelling punctuation, and preparation of standard/ executive level office documents; Familiarity with the Government Style Manual
- Demonstrate experience communicating with individuals at all levels, both orally and in writing.
- High School Graduate or GED
Other duties as assigned:
This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position, nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employer evaluations.
The Bizzell Group, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Professional Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
The Bizzell Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive, and respectful work culture that values all.