Do you enjoy a day's hard work with the opportunity to admire the fruits of your labor? Like getting your hands dirty while still ensuring a safe working environment? Do you gain satisfaction from having a direct and immediate impact on a successful operation?
Journeyman Distillery in Three Oaks consists of a multi-still distillery, a full-service restaurant, events spaces, a 30,000 square foot putting green, and more, along with multiple properties which must be maintained to the high standards our destination traveler expects. The Facilities Assistant will assist with the day-to-day operations of facilities and grounds maintenance to ensure these expectations are met and exceeded. All located just 3 miles north of the Michigan/Indiana border.
At Journeyman Distillery, we believe hard work and dedication deserve to be rewarded. To that end, we provide a comprehensive benefits and incentives package.
Here’s a peek at what you will receive as a Journeyman employee:
- Outstanding Growth Opportunity!
- Paid Time Off – begins accruing on Day 1
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical Insurance – 30+ hours/week
- Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Insurance options – 20+ hours/week
- Free Monthly Bottle of Spirit (21+)
- Employee Referral Incentive
- Loyalty Incentives (ask about our 5-Year Bottle Reward!)
- Summer Holiday Bonus Pay
- 25% Employee Discount
- Monthly Employee Tour with Owner/Founder, Bill Welter
- Annual Employee Putting Competition
- 3 Annual Employee Parties
Basic Function: Primarily responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of facility and grounds maintenance.
All team members must uphold and embody Journeyman’s Core Values which represent the culture, attitude, and immediate priorities ensuring our cohesion and success.
- Having a positive attitude that no challenge is too great
- Understanding that goals worth pursuing are never easy; that perseverance, grit, and determination are essential to success
- There is no substitute for grit and putting in the time and effort. Good things will come from those efforts
- 10,000-hour rule. Malcom Gladwell: it takes 10,000 hours of intensive practice to be great
ALWAYS A JOURNEYMAN
- Excellence is a lifelong pursuit and mastery is an illusion
- The joy is in the daily work and pursuit of excellence, not in the final destination
- A focus on continual improvement and doing our best
- Treating every customer with the mindset that they are the business’s 1st ever customer
- Treating customers with authenticity, kindness, warmth, care, friendliness; engaging, helpful and willing to offer a magical experience
- Clean facilities
- Being available to the customer and timely responses in any capacity
- This mindset extends to our vendors, suppliers, partners, and especially our fellow employees
- Never take the customer or employee for granted
- 362 and 59:59+ We are open to our customers 362 days a year and we set an unwavering standard of serving our customers up till the last closing second 59:59+ and beyond if needed.
- Taking pride and ownership in your work
- Engagement and active participation in your work and company activities
- Being a positive force in the workplace; creating a culture of positivity
- Extending common courtesy to self, employees, vendors, and guests
- Being an evangelist and promoter of the company and brand
- Perform general facilities cleaning duties such as mopping, sweeping and waxing of floors, washing of windows and dusting of furniture, window sills, and equipment.
- Remove trash/cardboard from facilities and place in receptacles.
- Maintain outside cleanliness and upkeep of facilities.
- Maintain cleanliness of company owned vehicles.
- Assist with mowing and general grounds-keeping.
- Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of lawn equipment.
- Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of distillery equipment.
- Assist with product deliveries and offloading.
- Assist with and maintenance of warehouse cleanliness.
- Assist with supply pick-ups and deliveries as needed.
- Utilize basic carpentry skills to assemble barrel pallets.
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep on various properties (change detector batteries, assemble furniture, change air filters)
- Paint interior and exterior walls and structures as needed.
- Assist with snow removal/salt application.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL SKILLS:
- Must have ability to safely operate all tools, equipment and motor vehicles within safety standards and guidelines.
- Must have ability to use all senses to ensure consistency in work processes.
- Must have ability to use hands in a precise and repetitive manner for periods of 8 -10 hours a day.
- Must have ability to perform moderate physical work; may be required to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally, up to 50 pounds frequently and performing such activities as bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping for up to 10 hours without sitting.
- Must have ability to sit and focus on a single task for up to 10 hours.
- Works indoors in restaurant, office, production, warehouse and residential environments, as well as outdoors in and around all facilities.
- Potential exposure to sharp and rapid equipment movement hazards, sharp utensils, extremely hot wax, and dangerous chemicals/solvents if proper safety procedures are not followed.