Congratulations! You’ve graduated technical school or you’ve achieved an equivalent amount of experience, and you’re ready to join a team who will not only value the hard-earned experience you have so far, but who’ll encourage you to grow more while you make a great hourly wage.
And our team can help you do that and even more.
- We’ll help you use that electrical and mechanical experience you gained through your education or on-the-job experience and put it to even greater value in our plant.
- You’ll be an integral part of our team, performing preventative and on-demand maintenance within our 26,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art food manufacturing facility.
Because you’re self-motivated and a fast learner, you’ll have tons of opportunity to increase your wage as you grow as a Maintenance Technician. As you learn the plant and make a difference for everyone in it, you won’t even have to wait a whole year for your annual review for that next pay raise.
- You look at a piece of equipment that isn’t working the way it should and see not frustration, but an exciting problem you can’t wait to get your hands on and solve. For that reason, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of equipment, product lines, and therefore, a ton of opportunity to grow your skills and knowledge.
- You’ll replace bearings and bushings to keep equipment functioning. And because you enjoy helping others, you’ll respond to maintenance calls and service equipment. You’ll have a direct impact on reducing downtime and helping product get to customers’ hands.
While experience in food manufacturing, ag equipment maintenance, or general manufacturing is a plus, you don’t necessarily need that to be successful.
- Your electrical experience will still allow you to install and repair to Iowa electrical code. And your overall mechanical expertise will help you keep our plant among the premier facilities in the area.
You can read blueprints and you have good computer experience, including Excel and MS Office, so you’ll be able to tackle everything that comes your way. And if you get stumped? No problem! Your team will be there to work together with you conquer any obstacles.
- Because you’re safety conscious, you understand no amount of cake or braids are more important than you or your team going home safe at the end of the day. You’ll strive to do all you can to keep yourself and others safe, including serving on CMI’s Safety Committee.
You’ll join a company that believes in having harmony between your work and your home life, not having to pick one or the other.
- So not only will you get a competitive hourly wage, you’ll be paid overtime for any hours over 40. You’ll get most weekends off.
- You’ll work first shift.
- You’ll work four, 10-hour shifts most weeks, so you’ll often get three-day weekends.
- You may have to occasionally be on-call, but you’ll get generous call-in pay if you come in.
- And your family will think you’re a hero for all the free Butter Braid pastries and cakes you bring home for them.
And that’s in addition to the full benefit package you’ll get working here. You’ll get:
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- We’ll pay for your boots and tools
- And a wellness benefit.
- You’ll also become one of our employee owners; Country Maid is a 100% employee-owned company.
Don’t regret letting this opportunity pass you by. Apply Today.
*AS or AA degree in Maintenance, Electrical, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
*Strong computer skills, including Excel/MS Office
*Ability to read blueprints
*Electrical background and understanding of Iowa Electrical Code