TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that is mobilizing people, business, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. We inspire, engage, and support the community to increase the urban tree canopy and address climate threats and environmental justice in Los Angeles and across the region.
We are seeking a Foundation Grants Manager to join our development team and support the organization. The ideal candidate will convey our mission and vision in grants, proposals, reports and other written communication. This position will support the private foundation grants portfolio from identification to submission to ensure we maintain $2 million + per year in private funding. This role is responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day operations of all grant’s administration including but not limited to supervision of the Grants Writer, maintaining existing private and corporate partnerships, researching, and building new relationships with potential funding sources, and supporting team’s communication needs.
- Oversee the day-to-day leadership of grant preparation, execution, submission, and reports.
- Develop and write (or co-write) interim and final reports for funded programs, including meeting with/interviewing directors, managers, and staff regarding progress of grant funded projects.
- Maintain strong relationships with TreePeople’s current foundation grant personnel connections and forge new relationships through cultivation and networking.
- Actively and regularly identify potential funding sources and opportunities for TreePeople and TreePeople Land Trust programming.
- Develop, plan, write, and submit grant proposals for new and existing foundation/private programs.
- Manage the grants calendar, ensuring timely and accurate completion of the grant’s life cycle: research, outreach, LOIs, proposals, site visits, and reporting.
- Advise on grant acknowledgments and other funder communications to ensure both compliance and relationship-building.
- Represent TreePeople and TreePeople Land Trust in negotiation of resulting grants, contracts, and agreements.
- Assist in the development of the annual fundraising plan and projections for revenue from foundations sources.
- Create donor and funder education materials and work with leadership to prepare for funder meetings and creative ways to expand TreePeople and TreePeople Land Trust reach and impact.
- Work closely with Grant Writer to review and seek to improve current grant process and workflow to ensure timely and smooth collaboration across the organization.
- Stay abreast of significant funding trends related to the environment, climate change and equity including specific opportunities that are in preliminary stages of development.
- Other duties as assigned.