Reviews customer projects and products to determine which and if company machinery will be able to meet their requirements as outlined. Completes engineering projects in accordance with customer specifications and within schedule and budget limitations, coordinating activities of engineering, sales, and vendors.
- Based on customer’s requests for quotes, issues engineering proposals and performance guarantees based on product characteristics.
- Requests customers to send in products for evaluation to ensure proposal can be issued correctly.
- Corresponds with Yamato Japan to confirm proposals have correct pricing for machinery and parts.
- Prepares equipment purchase orders based on customer scales or stock scales.
- Assigns customer, demo and show equipment based on required specifications.
- Maintains stock inventory and history of company equipment.
- Monitors progress of development project and compares actual costs with estimates.
- Works with design group to modify plans as appropriate if problems arise.
- Reviews and studies existing equipment, facilities, systems, and processes to improve efficiency, increase quality, and reduce costs.
- Travels to customer locations as required to troubleshoot problems with machinery and/or products.
- Assists OEM’s with interfacing as well as optimizing the performance of packaging machine and scale.
- Assists Yamato sales with training, proper proposal quotes, and possible customer visits.
- Provide training for both new and existing personnel on new and developed Yamato equipment.