You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the World. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
The Director of Security and Loss Prevention is responsible for planning, directing, and managing the physical security and loss prevention operations at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari with a focus on protecting employees, guests, and company assets. The Director of Security and Loss Prevention will work closely with the Human Resources and Financial Services departments to investigate loss and/or theft claims, while also providing a proactive approach to identify and deter theft, shoplifting, and other forms of loss. This position will develop and oversee video surveillance programs and physical security teams as well as develop, maintain, and operate in accordance with an internal loss prevention audit program and security standard operating procedures.
- Lead the safety effort by personal example
- Adhere to SOPs and other work procedures as required to assist employees and assure Guest satisfaction
- Use and maintain Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s equipment and property in the appropriate manner
- Always follow instructions of posted safety signs and warnings to ensure your personal well-being
- Immediately report all injuries to your direct supervisor, management on duty, or the Full-Time Safety Team
- “Safety First” is not just a slogan – it must be our #1 priority!
- Direct the daily operations of the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari Loss Preventions and Security Department.
- Interview, hire, train, and supervise security and loss prevention team members to include training, scheduling, performance management, daily tasks, company policies, and employee relations with a focus on ensuring security personnel coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year-round.
- Review and update loss prevention and security training programs on an annual or as-needed basis
- Perform audits, investigate reports of loss, and direct daily security operations to minimize loss to the company caused by team member error, internal/external theft, proactive/reactive surveillance investigations, and review of video, inventory, and financial data reports.
- Oversee daily security operations to include guest parking, guest & employee screening, assisting lost children/parents, and calls for service.
- Analyze data from various sources to identify areas of loss, determine appropriate corrective actions and make long term recommendations for changes in controls, policies, and procedures to limit or eliminate loss exposure and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Oversee and take part in interviews by the Loss Prevention team to ensure proper interview techniques and appropriate resolution of initiated investigations.
- Responsible for all security and loss prevention paperwork and evidence storage. Create and continue to maintain, updated departmental standard operating procedures.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with management, park staff, emergency responders and members of law enforcement to gather and share necessary information. Must maintain confidentiality in all matters to protect the interests of those involved.
- Coordinate with local and regional law enforcement professionals to ensure an appropriate law enforcement presence at our park during daily operations, including traffic control during heavy periods of time
- Assist in overseeing the installation, adjustment, and operation of video cameras, access control equipment, and security equipment upon the property.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years successful loss prevention, surveillance, and theme park management experience is preferred.
- Experience conducting legal and ethical investigations.
- Current ASIS or similar certification or willingness to pursue.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to work full-time to include days, nights, and weekends.
- Acceptable scores of technical and psychological assessments.
- Acceptable pre-employment drug screen, credit check, and background check.
Holiday World & splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status or any other status protected by law.