DexCare has an exciting and unique opportunity for individuals to get in on the ground floor of a corporate spin-out / start-up, with a well-established team and several large, respected clients. We’re seeking an experienced SDM who can act primarily as a mentor – offering both career and technical direction for the engineering team. Working closely with the company’s leaders as well as our clients, you’ll participate in defining the roadmap, setting technical direction, and building strong teams. We leverage cutting-edge technology and we do not shy away from new approaches that can make us work more efficiently, help us solve hard problems, and improve developer and/or client satisfaction.
DexCare is going through some major growth spurts. Your reach is across the entirety of our product line and spans everything from mobile development, web application development, machine learning, data analytics, deep integration with medical software, and DevOps (to name a few). It’s your career and the options are wide-open for growth.
- 5+ years serving as a technical lead or manager of software engineering professionals
- You have a proven track record at mentoring individuals both technically and professionally
- 10 years of relevant industry experience shipping enterprise software using SOA and have delivered solutions end to end.?
- 5+ years building medium to large responsive SPA web applications. Knowledge of React.js, Redux, with Express, Koa, or equivalent middleware is preferable.
- 7+ years building out services using TypeScript with Node.js, or a strongly typed, object-oriented language. Deep knowledge working with TypeScript with Node.js is preferred but above all else, we’re focused on someone who has demonstrated great architecture with an ability to apply it to our platform.
- (Bonus) Experience building out Epic Systems integrations using FHIR, SMART on FHIR, HL7, and/or Epic Interconnect.
- (Bonus) Experience configuring and maintaining a SaaS solution built on Amazon Web Services and Kubernetes (including Helm) with Docker containers.
Required Soft skills:
You’re a mentor. You need to be able to listen and provide constructive feedback. You’re also a team player – sharing your thoughts but know when to disagree and commit. You’ll have influence over the entire architecture as well as first-hand interaction with clients. You must be able to communicate well both internally and externally, representing the company.
- You are passionate about improving the current processes and software. You drive excellence through data and feedback to the entire company, instilling best practices throughout.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach. You will advise on strategy and ensure the team is forward thinking.
- Break down work and set project priorities for both yourself and your team.
- Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance.