Are you an IT professional with impeccable integrity? Do you have a passion for serving others? Do you constantly strive for excellence? Are you a strong team player? Are you dedicated to learning, growing and improving your technical and professional skills? Are you humbly confident in your abilities? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then you’ve found the right place to call home!
Who is Texas Systems Group?
Texas Systems Group (TXSG), founded in 2002 and based in Austin, TX, provides Managed Services, Private Cloud Data Center Hosting Services and IT Infrastructure Solutions to clients all over Texas and across the Nation. Our reputation of providing Texas-friendly, honest & caring IT Services is only possible by hiring professionals who not only have impressive skills and qualifications, but also the ability to create trusted relationships with our employees, clients, and vendors.
Find a Passion, Not a Job
TXSG is looking for a System and Network Engineer to manage the systems and networks of our valued clients by providing comprehensive remote and onsite support for a wide range of requests and issues in critical (and often complex) environments.
Key Responsibilities of System and Network Engineer
- Provide onsite and remote support including troubleshooting complex technical issues in production environments of all sizes and complexity.
- Coordinate schedule with the Service Coordinator to take ownership of escalated service requests that require higher-level support and provide timely response to client outages and onsite requests.
- Configure, deploy, and troubleshoot hardware such as servers, firewalls, switches, desktops, laptops, printers, telephones, and mobile devices.
- Perform preventative maintenance and regular diagnostics on computers and peripherals to ensure uptime is maintained in accordance with Service-Level Agreements.
- Perform scheduled changes and updates as requested by clients.
- Keep clients informed of incident progress and notify them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, IT Staff, and vendors.
- Provide detailed system documentation, maintenance, and review via service tickets, daily time-tracking, etc. in ConnectWise Manage and OneNote.
- Contribute to the research and development of technical standards and processes and product offering improvements.
- Assist Sales and Client Success in translating business needs and technical requirements into technology solutions.
- Assist with IT Discovery, proposal review, solution design, and project support.
- Full benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K Match
- Training allocation
- Certification Bonus program
- Internet and cell phone stipends
- Fitness reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement
- Casual Dress in the office
- Hybrid office options
- 10 days PTO per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 3 days Sick per year
- Stocked kitchen
- Fun quarterly events
- Happy Hours
- Dog Friendly office
- Company apparel
Qualifications for System and Network Engineer
- 5+ years supporting network infrastructure with intermediate to advanced knowledge of WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, IP telephony, and VPN.
- 5+ years of supporting clients in a Windows-based Active Directory Infrastructure.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in Windows Server 2012-2019, Active Directory, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint), Microsoft Azure (VMs, Networking, AD, Intune, and Security).
- Strong understanding of the following network concepts: Switch port modes, Ether Channels/LAG, SSL/IPSEC VPN, NAT, Access Rules, RADIUS, IDS/IPS, network security best practices.
- Strong grasp of network design and implementation for SMB and multi-campus environments.
- Strong communication, troubleshooting, planning, time management, and execution skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and achieve individual and team goals.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure, dynamic environment.
- College degree in computer field, e.g., systems analysis, computer security, information system management, or advanced technical/vendor certifications with commensurate experience.
- **All candidates must have reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance.
Preferred Qualifications (Additional skills that would make you stand out in this role)
- Experience in the healthcare industry (HIPAA Compliance, EMR, PACS, Radiology).
- Advanced industry certifications (Cisco, Microsoft, VMware, AWS etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (VMs, Network, VPN Gateway, AD, Intune, and Security).
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint/Teams/OneDrive integration.
- Strong grasp of virtualization technologies and concepts.
- Experience with storage, backup, and disaster recovery.
- Familiarity with telephony technologies and concepts.
- PowerShell scripting skills.
- Functional understanding of ITIL framework.
- Desire to be an informal leader through serving others.
Physical activities of this role include:
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces. Including but not limited to standing, sitting, walking, climbing, crawling, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, and/or squatting.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 40 pounds in all directions.
- Expressing or exchanging information with others by means of verbal and written communication.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Visual acuity to perform an activity such as: analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Environmental conditions subject to exposure to variations in extreme heat and cold.
Physical requirements are medium work that occasionally include moving objects up of 35- 40 pounds.
- Primary Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Required occasionally to work after business hours to include holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Occasional out of town and overnight travel for scheduled client projects.
- Required to participate in the Weekly On-Call rotation schedule.