The E-Commerce Business Development Manager (E-BDM) is responsible for driving sales and profitability of e-commerce accounts. This is a customer-facing role responsible for bringing on new accounts, account management, development, analytics, delivery, and implementation of the sales and marketing plan driving E-Commerce Channel sales growth for the Sargent & Greenleaf family of brands, including Sargent & Greenleaf and Delaney.
This position is instrumental in managing the assortment, sales, promotions, analysis, and support vehicles for the emerging E-Commerce accounts. This would include but is not limited to Tier 1 partners such as Lowes, Home Depot, Wayfair, Build.com, and Amazon, as well as Tier 2 key partners such as Houzz, etc.
The E-BDM strategically conducts and executes joint business planning with E-Commerce partners to drive volume, share and profit growth as well as work closely with cross-functional teams (Product Development, Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, IT) to successfully implement e-commerce business initiatives that drive top and bottom line growth.
The E-BDM must exercise outstanding communication and organizational skills plus the ability to develop, coordinate, communicate, and implement complex sales and marketing plans for their assigned accounts. This individual must be able to identify untapped business opportunities and establish internal and external relationships to deliver on these opportunities. The successful candidate will establish positive relationships and communication with customer teams, including merchants and their team.
Organizational Relationship: This position reports directly to the VP, Marketing. This position will work closely with the E-Commerce Digital Manager & E-Commerce Operations as well as cross-functionally with IT, Supply Chain, Warehouse, Operations, and Finance.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Achieve sales and profitability targets by bringing on new accounts and driving growth in established accounts
· Develop and execute strategic and tactical business plans as well as assist with implementation
· Buyer relationships
· Report metrics & analyze E-commerce KPIs
· E-commerce product offering, mix & merchandising
· E-commerce advertising, promotions & partner campaigns
· New e-commerce accounts identification, close & setup
· Competitive online research
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Build and nurture relationships with merchant and customer marketing/media teams by consistently providing customer value, problem solving across multiple functions and understanding the customer’s goals and management
· Defines and implements effective online marketing strategies, tactics, and programs to drive customer acquisition, retention, sales, and profitability.
· Manage accounts to exceed sales and profitability goals and aggressively identify new business opportunities and potential customers.
· Effectively work cross-functionally with E-Commerce Operations, Warehouse, Supply Chain and Finance to ensure the successful management of the day to day business of the accounts. This includes sales, shipments, inventory, customer requests, in season opportunities, and end of season analysis
· Develop and maintain account playbooks per partner with new programs, growth strategies, impactful promotions, optimized merchandising, advertising and other initiatives.
· Participate in customer meetings and events
· Drive the development of creative campaigns, cost-effective merchandising improvements and innovative partner promotions.
· Consistently deliver excellent project management for partner initiatives (i.e. loading product in new areas such as their warehouse or PRO desk, delivering seasonal promotion options, process improvements, or new account setup)
· Collaborate with partners and internal teams to accurately forecast -- by SKU, by account, by month, by plan -- the anticipated demand requirements to recommend product orders to Supply Chain in order to assure sufficient product inventory to meet sales demand based on each retailer's program.
· Oversees and directs merchandising and product positioning.
· Manages the execution of marketing and promotion events on the website and ensures events are executed in an accurate and effective manner.
· Coordinates partner email & special campaigns to achieve targeted ROI for retention and up-sell marketing opportunities
· Analyze and interpret eCommerce trends and insights to deliver business plans that are rooted in customer/ channel insights and position the company for success 1-3 years out.
· Maximizes e-commerce performance indicators such as conversion rate and average order value through cart analysis and sell and up-sell merchandising strategy.
· Deliver in-year targets by executing with excellence across multiple functions (i.e., promotional go-to-market, launches, rollovers).
· Develop monthly E-Commerce sales and initiative performance report for stakeholders and management team
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university.
· Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in business, customer management and customer development or equivalent in other business functions.
· E-Commerce experience required (3+ years preferred)
· Customer Systems/Portal experience (e.g., Homedepot.com, Lowes.com) preferred
· Ability to analyze category and product trends and translate them to executable strategies.
· Proficient project management skills required, along with advanced communication and presentation skills.
· In-depth knowledge of retail E-Commerce activities, including promotions, financials, and operations
· Knowledge of online retailer policies/procedures
· Thorough knowledge of digital marketing, such as developing and implementing advertising programs and merchandising tactics.
· Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency. Ability to learn and manage customer portals and systems.
· Adept at managing the annual “sales cycle”.
· Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
Limited travel required to meet with key online partners, Sargent & Greenleaf headquarters, as well as possibly attending agreed upon digital conferences to stay ahead of e-commerce trends.