The Product Development Engineer measures and analyzes subsystem and system performance to ensure that complex products will technically fulfill needs and requirements. This position is expected to function within product teams supporting both early prototypes and commercialized products. Candidates ideal for this position are data focused, detail oriented, adept at creating test platforms, and curious across a wide range of engineering disciplines.
Duties and responsibilities
· Work with subject matter experts to understand and interrogate key performance metrics across a wide range of engineering disciplines. Review the results and conclusions with the team to guide design decisions.
· Develop basic test scripts within a Python-like environment
· Design, execute, and analyze the results of experiments using sound statistical principles.
· Design and fabricate basic tools, fixtures, and jigs for testing of Medical Device components and subsystems.
· Author design verification protocols and reports.
· Learn and understand the applicable technology and engage in technical discussions.
· Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Engineering or related field
· 3+ years’ product development experience with demonstrated hands-on test and evaluation experience.
· Proficiency interfacing to and controlling test systems required (Python, C++, etc).
· Proficiency processing and analyzing collected data required (MATLAB, Python, etc).
· Proficiency with general laboratory instrumentation and tools required
· Basic prototype fabrication experience preferred (3D printer, Laser Cutter, basic machine shop)
· Basic wet lab experience preferred
· Experience using statistical concepts preferred
· Product development experience within a regulated environment preferred