Responsible for preparing and submitting proposals for construction projects, managing the performance of those projects and submitting project deliverables to clients.
Essential Functions (Key Responsibilities):
1. Project Management – Manage and monitor the progress of projects and report progress and key events to relevant internal and external parties.
2. Logistics – Participate in the development of plans for completing multiple projects simultaneously, including aligning labor and materials with scheduled construction dates.
3. Cost Estimating – Work with the Cost Estimator in estimating project costs prior to submitting bids and proposals.
4. Bids and Proposals – Prepare and submit bids and proposals for new work opportunities working with other personnel, including the VP of Field Services, other Directors, Sales personnel, and the Cost Estimator.
5. Communication and Documentation – Prepare and deliver internal and external documents and communications regarding the status and completion of each project.
6. Customer Relations – Work with customers to establish the scope of work projects, regularly update customers on project status, and provide project deliverables to customers.
7. Financial Analysis – Analyze the financial outcomes of projects and prepare related summaries for review with management.
8. Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
• Technical Knowledge – Proven knowledge of tower construction and related project management
• Attention to Detail – Ability to organize, identify issues with, and correct critical project information
• Communication Skills – Proven oral and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare and deliver concise, understandable messages and reports
• Computer Skills – Proficiency in the use of personal computers, including spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software
• Logistical Ability – Proven ability to plan, schedule, and track multiple projects simultaneously
• Analytical Skills – Strong analytical and conceptual skills, especially in analyzing and solving complicated logistical and financial problems
• Associates degree or equivalent training in project management, construction management, or related field
• At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in the construction industry
• At least 2 years of experience managing projects, construction activities, or personnel
• Prefer related experience in tower construction
• PMP Certification preferred
Special Job Dimensions:
Work requires conformance to tight deadlines and managing confidential information.