Hourly Rate: $12/hour
Do you have a "get the job done" work ethic? Do you enjoy working as part of a team with a defined role? Do you have an appreciation for seeing the fruits of your labor?
This position is a great way to get your foot in the door with a unique and expanding organization!
While Journeyman Distillery has become a destination hospitality experience, featuring a full-service restaurant, award-winning events services, and more, the lifeblood of our organization are our world-class spirits. In 2021, we are more than doubling the distribution of our products as well as developing new, unique lines to serve additional Journeyman locations. The Bottler is the final point of quality control and assures that every bottle of spirits meets the standards our growing customer base has come to expect.
We're currently screening candidates for batch recruitment. We may begin with next steps in the hiring process and will be looking to hire in bulk closer to April of this year.
Here’s a peek at what you will receive as a Journeyman employee:
- Outstanding Growth Opportunity!
- Paid Time Off – begins accruing on Day 1
- 401(k) with Employer Match available Day 1
- Medical Insurance – 30+ hours/week
- Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Insurance options – 20+ hours/week
- Free Monthly Bottle of Spirit (21+)
- Unlimited $300 Referral Bonuses
- Loyalty Incentives (ask about our 5-Year Bottle Reward!)
- 25% Employee Discount
- Monthly Founders' Tour with Bill and Johanna Welter
- Annual Employee Putting Competition
- 3 Annual Employee Parties
- Shoes for Crews (Affordable Footwear)
Basic Function: Primarily responsible for assisting with the bottling and packing of Journeyman Distillery spirits.
All team members must uphold and embody Journeyman’s Core Values which represent the culture, attitude, and immediate priorities ensuring our cohesion and success.
- Having a positive attitude that no challenge is too great
- Understanding that goals worth pursuing are never easy; that perseverance, grit, and determination are essential to success
- There is no substitute for grit and putting in the time and effort. Good things will come from those efforts
- 10,000-hour rule. Malcom Gladwell: it takes 10,000 hours of intensive practice to be great
ALWAYS A JOURNEYMAN
- Excellence is a lifelong pursuit and mastery is an illusion
- The joy is in the daily work and pursuit of excellence, not in the final destination
- A focus on continual improvement and doing our best
- Treating every customer with the mindset that they are the business’s 1st ever customer
- Treating customers with authenticity, kindness, warmth, care, friendliness; engaging, helpful and willing to offer a magical experience
- Clean facilities
- Being available to the customer and timely responses in any capacity
- This mindset extends to our vendors, suppliers, partners, and especially our fellow employees
- Never take the customer or employee for granted
- 362 and 59:59+ We are open to our customers 362 days a year and we set an unwavering standard of serving our customers up till the last closing second 59:59+ and beyond if needed.
- Taking pride and ownership in your work
- Engagement and active participation in your work and company activities
- Being a positive force in the workplace; creating a culture of positivity
- Extending common courtesy to self, employees, vendors, and guests
- Being an evangelist and promoter of the company and brand
- Accurately measure and fill 750ML, 500ml, 375ml, 200ml and 50 ML bottle sizes with spirits using provided equipment and utensils.
- Visually inspect product as well as identify inaccuracies, product flaws or presence of sediment in the spirits.
- Safely operate bottle filling machine.
- Safely hand-dip bottles in hot wax and move to drying station.
- Apply labels to bottles in a very precise and consistent manner.
- Record batch and bottle number neatly and legibly on bottle labels.
- Build boxes for bottle/product storage.
- Package and place boxes on pallet.
- Must perform cleaning and production breakdown duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL SKILLS:
- Must have ability to use hands in a precise and repetitive manner for periods of 8 -10 hours a day
- Must have ability to perform moderate physical work; may be required to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally, up to 18 pounds frequently and performing such activities as bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping for up to 10 hours without sitting.
- Must have ability to sit and focus on a single task for up to 10 hours.
- Works primarily indoors in spirits production environment.
- Potential exposure to sharp and rapid equipment movement hazards, sharp utensils, extremely hot wax, and dangerous chemicals/solvents if proper safety procedures are not followed.