The Senior Accountant is responsible for larger more complex engagements and may manage multiple engagements simultaneously. This position assumes responsibility for supervising engagements and special assignments; can review working papers and financial statements and can communicate with clients on a one-on-one basis. This position may also be responsible for mentoring and supporting team members in meeting clients and self-development expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for managing engagements and special assignments using established firm policies and procedures.
- Coordinates various phases of engagement plans engagements, budgets time and expenses, monitors actual performance against budget, reviews working papers for accuracy and completeness, and reviews financial statements.
- Develops and is accountable for the assignment work plan and ensures assigned tasks and responsibilities are achieved
- Plans, organizes and controls multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve assigned objectives
- Helps develop solutions for clients and manages implementation of ideas
- Communicates engagement progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns with clients
- Works with co-workers on assignments to anticipate project issues, assess alternatives, and take appropriate measure to resolve assignment issues
- Identifies client needs and opportunities, and identifies cross selling and new service opportunities
- Supports partners in developing new initiatives to increase retention, meet resourcing needs, utilization and people development
- Develop functional specialization and/or industry expertise
- Establishes and actively works to build a network and focus on business development
- Develop a specialty designation or begin to obtain a masters