Proxsys Rx is currently recruiting for a PRN Pharmacist for The Pharmacy At Rush in Meridian, Ms. This is a unique opportunity to practice outpatient pharmacy in a model that integrates the pharmacy into the patient care transition model. The PRN Pharmacist will provide coverage for our Pharmacy Manager on a as needed basis.
- Reviews prescriptions issued by Physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
- Compounds medications, using standard formulas and processes such as weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, if applicable.
- Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Enters data such as patient name, prescribed medication, and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory.
- Directs pharmacy staff by engaging them in mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals
- Maintains awareness of third party-party systems and resolves rejection problems promptly, resubmits rejected insurance claims for payment on a timely basis
- 401(k) matching contributions
- Day shift hours. No weekends.