Job Title: Placemaking Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Community Enchantment
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly, Full time, 40hrs a week
Schedule: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (hybrid schedule)
About the Downtown San Diego Partnership, The Downtown San Diego Partnership (DSDP) serves as the leading advocate for the economic vitality and growth of Downtown San Diego. We are a member-based, nonprofit organization with nearly 300 members, representing a variety of business sectors including real estate, technology, banking, law, defense, insurance, communications, energy, and tourism. Our members are committed to creating a vital and vibrant urban center that benefits the entire San Diego region.
In addition, we manage the Property and Business Improvement District (also called our Clean & Safe Program), City Center Business Improvement District (BID) and three Charitable Foundations. Through these programs, we provide enhanced services in maintenance, safety, and beautification within 275 blocks in Downtown, support business promotion and retention, and improve the quality of life within our community. These programs provide an annual contractual budget of approximately $9.3M annually.
Clean & Safe is committed to serving the following neighborhoods: City Center, Columbia, Cortez Hill, East Village, Gaslamp Quarter and Marina that make up Downtown San Diego. The 24/7 Operations consist of maintenance services along the public right of way, beautification efforts along with security and outreach services. This includes Sweeping, trash removal, doggy bag dispenser refill, tree trimming, pressure washing, graffiti, gum and sticker removal. The Clean & Safe Operations is committed to providing great customer service along with providing a cleaner and safer downtown to our stakeholders and residents. To learn more about our work in these areas, please visit: https://downtownsandiego.org/
· Deliver excellent service: We strive to provide exceptional customer service through listening to our customers, providing efficient services, and innovative solutions resulting in value for our many stakeholders.
· Be fun and open-minded with a quirky sense of creativity: We work hard but take time to celebrate our collective achievements and realize there's always more than one perspective to consider when approaching a challenge.
· Pursue growth and learning: We invest in our people so they can continue to build skills and perspectives that enrich the work we do.
· Build honest relationships and communication: We believe honesty leads to strong relationships built on a foundation of trust.
· Nurture a safe work environment: We have a collective commitment to emphasize safety over competing goals to ensure the protection of people and our environment.
Inclusiveness and diversity: We honor the inherent value of every individual’s unique story, experience, and perspective. We strive to amplify the voices of our staff, community, and stakeholders and to create a safe and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute one’s authentic self
Under the direction of the Director of Community Enhancement, the Placemaking Coordinator will assist with a variety of tasks relating to professional planning, design, and management of the public spaces in Downtown San Diego. Neighborhoods within the 275-block radius of Downtown San Diego include Cortez Hill, Columbia, Marina, City Center, East Village, and the Gaslamp Quarter.
The Placemaking Coordinator will act as a liaison for the Downtown San Diego community, communicating with stakeholders, business owners, executives, and board members daily. This position will require strong organization skills, excellent customer services, great time management skills, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Functions & Duties 90%
· Assist with the planning and design of various urban interventions in Downtown san Diego
· Assist with the Public activation strategies and capital improvement initiatives
· Review, research, develop, and monitor streetscape and open space initiatives
· Survey and inventory streetscape elements and placemaking projects in the Downtown San Diego area by entering updates into DSDP Placemaking database
· Photograph and map various urban interventions in Downtown San Diego
· Communicate in a polite and professional manner with clients, vendors, city employees, business owners, and stakeholders via phone, email, and all other forms of communication
· Ability to navigate meeting with stakeholders viz Zoom and various electronic platforms
Administrative Tasks 10%
· Adhere to all local, state, federal guidelines, and laws. I.e., HIPAA, OSHA, FLSA
· Adhere to all the DSDP policies and procedures
· Answer all calls, emails, and other forms of electronic communication in a polite and professional manner
· Use company telephone and software solely for business purposes and timecard features (Paylocity)
**Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.**
· High School Diploma or GED, BA preferred (students currently enrolled encouraged to apply)
· Ability to work varied hours
· Outstanding customer service skills, in person and electronic (email / phone)
· Ability to read and write in English. Bilingual or Multilingual (preferred)
· Ability to use a telephone and computer for data collection
Total Rewards Package: This is a permanent, full-time (40 hrs. a week), non-exempt position. The hourly rate for this position is $18.00- $20.00 per hour. This position is subject to a background and reference check. DSDP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
· Medical Coverage
· Dental Coverage
· Vision Coverage
· Parking Allotment
· 3 Weeks of PTO
· 401K Plan
· 11 Federal Holidays
· Employee Assistance Program